looking for Pontoon Trailer guides.... in Canada?

Raycaster

Tired of my crappie pontoon going sideways on me when loading. Last year I made 2 guide bars and welded to back of trailer but had a little mishap...

When I was in Fenelon Falls I stopped at a Marina and noticed they had nice adjustable guide bars on the new model pontoon trailers. I asked inside and they had them in their catalog but it was end of season so I thought I'd wait.

Any chance they are available to order in Canada?

angledbackguides.jpg

pontoonstop.jpg

I have everything you would need to make a pair if you look at the image from Drifter. The upper back of a steel patio chair complete with 90 degree bend cut in 1/2. A few feet of 1.5 " PVC, duct tape and 2 caps. A good metal blade on a Sawzall, 4 "C" clamps and you are good to go. The tubing on the patio chairs I have slated for a spring yard sale is actually square tubing, perfect. Even round tubing will work with a few tweaks. 4 "C" clamps don't come anywhere near the $159.00 they want, nuts. I don't know where you are Raycaster but the chair is yours if you want.

Go to any automotive exhaust shop; they'll have the tubing and can put the 90° bend in it. I wouldn't think it would cost you any more than 20 or 30 bucks; then finish it off as ironmaker has suggested.

That's what I made a set of boat guides out of; the 20 gauge tubing was more than strong enough.

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Thx guys for the ideas.

Last year I basically cut some angle iron (From a old bed frame) rust painted and enclosed it with pvc tubing with cap and welded it on.

Looked clean and professional and worked great except for a little mishap at the Mitchel Bay Marina.

I'm in the Hamilton area and I'm the last guy to open his wallet but the idea of simple u-bolts for adjustment and not having to bug for welding favors is appealing this time.

I'll keep a look out and maybe give the marinas a call.

Thx guys for the ideas.

Last year I basically cut some angle iron (From a old bed frame) rust painted and enclosed it with pvc tubing with cap and welded it on.

Looked clean and professional and worked great except for a little mishap at the Mitchel Bay Marina.

I'm in the Hamilton area and I'm the last guy to open his wallet but the idea of simple u-bolts for adjustment and not having to bug for welding favors is appealing this time.

I'll keep a look out and maybe give the marinas a call.

Now if you lived close to Barrie,your problem would be solved. Just saying.

Good luck