need a lil help with musky tackle...

manitoubass2

I can't believe its not been mentioned yet, most important gear to have for Muskie...Proper release tools. #1 a good Muskie specific net, Frabill Big Game, or Big Kahuna(deep boats). Long nose pliers, and most importantly HOOK CUTTERS. Knipex brand mini bolt cutters are worth the extra $$, CT mini 8'' bolt cutters are better than nothing...

Frig thanks guys!

Lets keep this thread going, for educational purposes.

When i searched the site i found alot of conflicting info. So far this one is gold

I agree, all of this musky talk on the board lately be it this thread or the rod/reel set up thread it will make this year easier to get into musky fishing as this is going to be my first year aggressively chasing them.

I can't believe its not been mentioned yet, most important gear to have for Muskie...Proper release tools. #1 a good Muskie specific net, Frabill Big Game, or Big Kahuna(deep boats). Long nose pliers, and most importantly HOOK CUTTERS. Knipex brand mini bolt cutters are worth the extra $$, CT mini 8'' bolt cutters are better than nothing...

Good point. Stow master or frabill power stow also very good net options if you don't have much room to store in the boat. Recall a store in international falls used to carry them last time I was up there.

Edited by Spooled

We were waiting for you

Hey hey hey!!!!

Probably wasnt mentioned because its winter still lol.

Ill be getting frabill big game and knipex for sure. I got the pliers already.

Man im excited!!!!

First year goal is to get some 40's(hopefully)

Anything bigger will be a big bonus.

Year one at Lake of the woods if I could start all over heres what I would have

Big Nasty

Revo Toro Winch 60/61

150 PLB mono leader

Handlebarz LoTW Special (just ask Mike to make one) - plus Silver Black and chartreuse Black (3 colours)

Oriellys glide baits - catches a few but finds all the ones for the baits above (two colours) Gold with orange and black with orange

Hosebait

What dax said - knipex, Big kahuna, pliers, Camera and no one mentioned loads of sunscreen/lip stuff.

You will get one greater that 40 for sure - and listen to Fisherpete he did the guide trip with Andrew there last year and slayed them

have a great time we will be there in July again come have a beer

Year one at Lake of the woods if I could start all over heres what I would have

Big Nasty

Revo Toro Winch 60/61

150 PLB mono leader

Handlebarz LoTW Special (just ask Mike to make one) - plus Silver Black and chartreuse Black (3 colours)

Oriellys glide baits - catches a few but finds all the ones for the baits above (two colours) Gold with orange and black with orange

Hosebait

What dax said - knipex, Big kahuna, pliers, Camera and no one mentioned loads of sunscreen/lip stuff.

You will get one greater that 40 for sure - and listen to Fisherpete he did the guide trip with Andrew there last year and slayed them

have a great time we will be there in July again come have a beer

Where do youse stay cowanjo?

Today's Musky Hunter episode was on LOTW with Bill Sandy. It was worth watching, especially if you are going to be fishing there. Double 10s are obviously a go to lure. Saric says he favours a selection of double 10s, a couple shallow invaders, a black bulldawg, a jerkbait ( he pushes Phantoms) and a shallow raider crankbait.

Today's Musky Hunter episode was on LOTW with Bill Sandy. It was worth watching, especially if you are going to be fishing there. Double 10s are obviously a go to lure. Saric says he favours a selection of double 10s, a couple shallow invaders, a black bulldawg, a jerkbait ( he pushes Phantoms) and a shallow raider crankbait.

Uggh. I dont get wfn(is that whats its on?)

Saric is an animal

Think i might just order some of his videos today

We stay at Bill Sandy Blackhawk Camp but we play scatter and drive all over the place love the traqual and north passage areas we could meet at wiley point PM me

if you didn't see saric show you missed out on me netting his fish and catching one myself a few weeks ago!

Edited by cowanjo