I never knew ????

bigugli

I've got no problem with anyone keeping a legal musky to eat, as long as they keep the eye balls handy for perchin!

HH

I agree. I wouldn't purposely catch one to eat. I've eaten them and there are many other more available fish that are better eating. That being said, if someone wants to go out and catch a legal sized and in season musky, Atlantic salmon, Aurora Trout or any other "sacred" fish, then so be it. Not for me, but it is legal, so I can't say much. IMO...

Since I has never caught one for over 35 years I considered them and was always taught to never kill one. I took big misery when I mounted one in the 80's when I started fishing, a Tiger with all the colors. Since I had just started fishing I was told it was the fish of a thousand casts and I got lucky. Then I landed 2 in a few hours this past October. Then I found out that in LSC 3 or 4 in a day is nothing. What a noise when my bubble was burst. There a few that decide to keep them, go ahead, just not all of them.

I took big misery when I mounted one in the 80's when I started fishing, a Tiger with all the colors.

Tiger muskies don't usually reproduce anyway. So most of the arguments for not keeping muskies don't really apply to tigers. Although I think they do have the same size limits as a pure muskie.