I have a question for our wine makers - NF

Tomcat

On one of my fishing trips last year, one of the guys brought along some Apple Pie Moonshine. I enjoyed it immensely. Consequently, 3 weeks ago I took a stab at making some. My Apple Pie is not technically Apple Pie Moonshine because I used 94% abv alcohol (legally available in Quebec) as my source of alcohol rather than actual Moonshine.

Many of the Apple Pie Moonshine recipes on the internet use equal amounts of freshly pressed apple cider and apple juice plus white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and vanilla. I also added the zest from one orange. All ingredients except the alcohol were heated to a rolling boil and then simmered for one hour. Once cooled to room temperature, I filtered the resultant solution through 4 inches of cheesecloth. I then stirred in the appropriate amount of 94% abv alcohol to arrive at an Apple Pie that was 15% abv. Unfortunately, my Apple Pie is not transparent (although I can make out the 6 inch long cinnamon stick in the mason jar full of Apple Pie).

003217.JPG

I'd like to do something to clear my Apple Pie if only for the esthetics. Could I use a wine filter (e.g. Buon Vino Super Jet) to clear it up or would the filters immediately clog. I understand that there are 3 different sizes of filters (essentially course, medium and fine). Filters are not expensive at $4 for a set of three.

And don't worry - I'm not selling this stuff. Thanks in advance.

Jay