cooking thread...

Mine did spiel, just not the kiddos or wifey.

My two boys loves those olives but there gone to visit their mom for a few days.

Mr blizzard, no I dont grow my own hierlooms. I get them from a farmer just up the road. Great tomatoes mmmm. Lol my kids trip on purple and yellow tomatoes its funny

Fried up my first ever, batch of cold smoked bacon that I smoked yesterday

Made that with hash browns and eggs for my wife this morning, bacon had amazing flavour

We were going to take a pic of it but we inhaled it to fast

SORRY BRIAN :tease:

next time pics included

I call that comfort food rick. Plain and simple.

As for you mr. Blizz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I got a sweet deal today. A little birdie tells me there will be more friday as well. Need to stock up on stewing beef sooooooooooooooooo

You do the math. LOL

Ok let me. Not one,,,,,,,,,,,,,

001.JPG

But two

002.JPG

Reg price $31.15

Disc. to $21.00

add on the 50% off on top of that,

Total $10.50 . :clapping::worthy:

I got 6 good bags of stew chop out of those.

SWEEEEEEET.

So when you moving back. :whistling:

Seems like we are all into good deals these days. I was at a local grocery store yesterday and there was a sign about a special sale, "GRANT ORDERED TOO MUCH"

They had chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks on in "club packs" for a buck a pound. In both cases they were nice meaty pieces of thigh and drumsticks. I bought thirty pounds...........

OH BRIAN u twicky wabbitt, your a distinguished man wearing many hats :whistling:, On top of being a hamburgalar, you are also a cattle rustler LOL,,,,,shazbamundoe that is about the price per slice my home smoked bacon came out too :tease:

Do you give tutorials!!!!!!!!!!! I am checking for seat sales

Great score

Doug good tip

Rick have u been hangin out with Brian, enjoy your steaks Bud

back to Mr B...........

..........we often see the cryovac packages of "eye of round" beef on sale. It is fairly tough stuff if you wanted to roast it or cut it into steaks - this is the cut that butchers put the long needle tenderizers through a half-dozen times to make them into steamboat steaks. But it is very lean and generally pretty flavourful (for packaged beef) and when it hits less than two bucks a pound I generally buy a couple to grind into burger. Why pay big bucks per pound for regular ground when you can grind your own extra lean for two bucks?

Doug

back to Brian, earlier you said medium ground, not lean...............but yes I agree if a person can pick up decent ground beef there is no sense washing that grinder!

and m2b2, mostly what I eat is wild game, but sometimes I buy beef too! I have not shot a moose in a number of years, but a buddy from the Golden Lake FN gives me some every year. And one deer does not give up a lot of ground meat, maybe forty pounds. So...............occasionally, it's beef!

Doug