NF - Beaver Captured on Trail Cam (Ottawa - Nov. 17)

JustinHoffman

Hello All,

Earlier this week, while hiking one of my favourite spots for photographing whitetails, I came upon a marshy area. Approximately 50 yards inland, a beaver had been busy cutting down trees and dragging them to the water.
I decided to set up my trail camera on Monday in hopes of catching him in the act. That night I filmed him eating tree bark, preening, and rubbing his belly like their was no tomorrow.

The following night the marsh was frozen solid, so this will be the last I will see of him this year.

I also captured a fisher quickly grabbing a drink, just two hours before the beaver appeared!

(watch in 1080p HD for best quality)

Cheers,

Justin

Very cool Justin as always.

We have some real big one here on the river. See them a lot.

I have a pic of this one and a video. I seen this long black thing swimming towards me,but got the camera out way to late.

notty09-11-14005_zps9eb727c9.jpg

I was surprised to hear there have been a few deaths from beaver attacks. Apparently,if you are very close to them and taking a pic,they will leap and grab a hold of your leg,causing extensive bleeding . The persons blead to death. :dunno:

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/05/29/beavers_kill_man_trying_to_pose_for_photo.html

Brian B. - Great footage. I have been fishing in late evening when one of these guys 'slaps' their tail! Certainly can give you a fright!! lol

Very cool, Matt. Surprised it wasn't a bit more aggressive to you. Still, probably not a good idea to pet one ;)

And thanks for all of the other kind comments. Being out in nature and recording it, either with camera or trail cam, is definitely a passion. Always happy to share...

Cheers,

Justin