Fishing in La Verendrye

Leowis1

Hello--my father took me camping and fishing in La Verendrye many years ago and now I wish to take my sons. But I only speak English and am having a hard time finding information. I will be towing a camper and will need to rent a motor boat. Does anybody know where I can rent motor boats up there? The daily cost? And the nearest campground to that location?

Many thanks.

I fished La Verendrye from a very young age I spent all my summer vacation in Maniwaki as a young lad as we had a family cottage there and made quite a few trips to the park and fished many of the lakes the park has to offer I also had one of the best fishing guides La verandrye had to offer in my opinion with over 50 years of experience he was my Grandfather that being said I have not fished the park in the last twelve years but many members of my family still do I would recommend le Domaine for your boat rental and for camping and fishing Lac Nichcotea great wilderness camping and awesome walleye fishing and some great northern pike action you will also have access to lac Nicolet the Grand the Dusty and 9 mile lake as I said i have family that still fish these lakes and they tell me the fishing is still very good the only reason I do not fish the park anymore is I went on a Fly in trip 12 years ago and have been hooked on them ever since anyway I hope some of this info helps and if you have any more questions feel free to send me a Pm.

Cheers Mitch...

I fished that park many years ago as a youngster. I remember catching nice walleye & huge pike. Good to hear it is still a good fishery!

The Verandrye was a very busy park back then it was always busy with American tourist and anglers coming from all different U.S states to enjoy the beautiful scenery camping and great fishing there are not many American tourist who frequent the park anymore it is mostly fished by the locals now and yes it is still a good fishery.

Cheers Mitch.

I have fished the Dozois, which is in Verendrye, twice.

First time about 12 years ago we camped at Whiskey River.

Last time was early Aug 2013 We stayed in a cabin at Nadagam.

They also have campsites here for tents,trailers and RVs Both times I took my own boat They do rent boats at Nadagam

Cabins were very vice solar powered with running hot and cold water. indoor shower and toilet.

Caught a lot of walleye from 14 - 23 inches and a few Pike up to 30 inches.