blaque

One thing i forgot to add is that id be comfortable in the $600 range.............but know that it could, and may likely climb toward the $800-1000 range. Id have to be talked into $800 and above lol

Check out this forum the people there are merciless when it comes to stretching a budget to get the most value for money spent.... There should be some great tips on what camera to choose and where to get it for the best prices if you go to the hot deals section of the same website. If it is a deal anywhere North America it will probably be listed there. Also they tend to be the first site to post Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in Canada.

As others have mentioned the camera is just the beginning, it is all the other add ons that drive the price up. On this site should point you the right direction to save on all of it.

Photography forum

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/art-photography-f89/

Forum where the deals are posted...

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-deals-f9/

Edited by Canuck2fan

(ie. the plastic fantastic lens) :lol: .

lol, funny you mention that ..........i was just doing a little light reading on lenses and came across that term a few times

im pickin up quite a bit here just googling some conceptual stuff on the topic

Heck, an hour ago i had no idea Bokeh was even a word ......let alone something id be trying to achieve :) :)

Edited by Blaque

Check out this forum the people there are merciless when it comes to stretching a budget to get the most value for money spent.... There should be some great tips on what camera to choose and where to get it for the best prices if you go to the hot deals section of the same website. If it is a deal anywhere North America it will probably be listed there. Also they tend to be the first site to post Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in Canada.

As others have mentioned the camera is just the beginning, it is all the other add ons that drive the price up. On this site should point you the right direction to save on all of it.

Photography forum

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/art-photography-f89/

Forum where the deals are posted...

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-deals-f9/

Thanks man, ill check this out

I bought a Canon Rebel a few years ago and the best thing I ever did after buying it was to take a basic Photography course. Some are available thru Blacks Photography stores. I took mine as a night course at the community college. But even after taking the course all you need to do is take lots and lots of pictures. Also it's funny how much youtube content you can find on photography tips.

Edited by wallyboss

Canon definitely has a better telephoto lens range then Nikon does. It all depends on what you want to shot. Also I've found the camera are COMPLETELY opposite... From the way the lenses extend, to the button layout, just everything. Find one that suits you the best, you really can't go wrong with either brand.

Be very cautious buying new cameras from outside of Canada. Most companies (Nikon definitely) will not honour any warranty for gear that was not purchased thru a Canadian dealer. Not a problem if you don't mind shipping it back to wherever you bought it. Yeah, you save a few bucks but that could end up costing you more if you wind up needing warranty work done.

Be very cautious buying new cameras from outside of Canada. Most companies (Nikon definitely) will not honour any warranty for gear that was not purchased thru a Canadian dealer. Not a problem if you don't mind shipping it back to wherever you bought it. Yeah, you save a few bucks but that could end up costing you more if you wind up needing warranty work done.

If you compare prices, you aren't saving much shopping across the border. That being said, Canon Canada will warranty any Canon body/lens, doesn't matter where it was purchased (US or Canada)

Im actually in the states.......one of the few yank board members lol

As always, i appreciate all the help and expertise OFC has to offer. Im hoping to do a little more homework and have something in my hands in the weeks to come. Maybe a couple months if i can hold out and see if i cant score a Black Friday bargain :)

Of course the Big Screen took a dump this weekend.........Murphys Law in full effect!! So unfortunately its TV first camera second lol

A great walk around lens will be the EF-S 24mm STM that should be out in a few weeks. It's cheap ($150) and has been getting great reviews. You can get a new Canon 70D body now for $799. That's an absolute steal. You've got a few decisions to make :)

Any brand of camera will do the job these days. As many have mentioned, the glass will be the biggest investment. Beyond that, post processing in photoshop or other post processing software is the biggest deal breaker. I've often seen shots from very expensive equipment that look sub par because of lack of post processing skills. Buy something within your budget and practice your photo editing. When you learn this, your pictures will look as good as any, no matter what brand you are using.