Minn Kota Terrova 80lbs thrust

Sebastian

Hey guys. Im looking to buy another Terrova with ipilot for my new boat. I put a 101lbs thrust Terrova 36V on my last Lund Explorer 1700 SC. It worked awesome. My new boat is an almost 18' (much deeper)Starcraft Superfisherman with dual windshield. I dont want to add a 3rd battery so im looking at a 80lbs thrust to stay at 24V. My boat will catch a lot of wind because its high out of the water with dual windshield. I dont want to be blown off the spot lock feature because the motor isnt powerful enough. Anyone have a 80lbs Terrova i pilot on a big deep 17-19 footer? How does it perform in 20-30km winds?

I've got that exact motor on a Lund 1700 Pro Sport, it works great. Never been pushed off a spot because of wind/waves yet. Recently put a 3 blade prop on it and it's even better then before.

Make sure you go for the I-Pilot Link as well.

Edited by BillM

]

I've got that exact motor on a Lund 1700 Pro Sport, it works great. Never been pushed off a spot because of wind/waves yet. Recently put a 3 blade prop on it and it's even better then before.

Make sure you go for the I-Pilot Link as well.

Where did you buy a 3 blade prop and how much did you pay? Edited by steelhedrmatt

I have been using the Terrova, 24Volt, 80 lb thrust with a 60 "shaft,with I-pilot, on a Sylvan, 17' 4" Full windshield

No issues with wind, whatsoever. I am using the stock prop, But I think I will check into the 3 blade Bill suggestedj

However if you are out on some bigger water and get 3 foot waves the prop will lift out of the water, But that will happen with any bow mount.

At that time its no fun anyway and I head for some leeward shoreline

Edited by RickOnt

I have the Terrova 80 lb 24v on a Stratos 285XL DC, which is 18'6" and heavy, and I have had no issues, nor would I go with a stronger electric if I did it over again. I generally run out of freeboard (waves) before the wind becomes an issue with motor power...

Hey guys. Im looking to buy another Terrova with ipilot for my new boat. I put a 101lbs thrust Terrova 36V on my last Lund Explorer 1700 SC. It worked awesome. My new boat is an almost 18' (much deeper)Starcraft Superfisherman with dual windshield. I dont want to add a 3rd battery so im looking at a 80lbs thrust to stay at 24V. My boat will catch a lot of wind because its high out of the water with dual windshield. I dont want to be blown off the spot lock feature because the motor isnt powerful enough. Anyone have a 80lbs Terrova i pilot on a big deep 17-19 footer? How does it perform in 20-30km winds?

My thought is that you can never have to much battery life and to much thrust.

I'd say go for the 36 volt and move on.