Big ol' Largie from Sunday Morning

Locnar

My buddy rents a spot at a "Yacht" club north of Port Perry, and they were having a big hawaiian party with a 50/50 draw, live band etc. Shortly after setting up I tossed a little jig in while loading up the boat. First cast, a nice 3lb Largie. I guess no one was catching anything that weekend so far, as everyone seemed to be more excited that I was haha. After that we headed down to the festivities, where many, many beers were had. Crashed at like 1:30am, and was awake at 5:30am... felt pretty good considering the night before... My buddy however, he was toast until 3pm. So I headed down to the dock as I wasn't feeling taking the boat out right away... The water was like glass, the sun was just peaking the horizon... Couple of tosses with the jitterbug, nice slow, pause and go presentation... and wallop! Lure gone, big ol' bend in my ultra light rod, line started peeling out... After some nice jumps and a solid brawl, I brought this sucker in. Best of the year by far.

khV9Blo.jpg

dOjhCT0.jpg

19.5" long, 6" from belly to back... just over 5lbs. What a way to start the morning. I ran back to the tent to wake my buddy up to take some pictures, he wasn't too pleased until he saw what I was on about. I then decided to take the boat out and landed a few more between 2-4 lbs. All on jitterbugs and hula poppers... Brilliant morning of fishing, too bad buddy was too over-hung to move... sucks for him.