Looking for Cottage rental Kaladar area.

Old Ironmaker

Looking to rent for a few days on a lake, not necessarily on a weekend, for this fall in the Kaladar area. Highway 7 and 41. A good dock for my 19 foot StarCraft and somewhere I can launch from. We will need 2 bedrooms, nothing fancy, but not a dump either. I would say the budget would be around $100.00 a night. It's been years since renting a cottage in Ontario, maybe $100.00 is ridiculous, I don't know the price of potato's these days for a cabin.

Some fish in the lake would be a bonus. My wife would be happy just going for a boat ride without loading up on Gravol, we live on Erie and it's wind.

She asked what I wanted for my 60th birthday, I said rent a cottage on a small lake. She thinks I'm nuts, we live in a cottage on a lake and I can fish everyday if I want. I know I don't have to cut the grass or, or, or at a rental. Plus there is good chance there isn't a Waterspout warning up there.

A good launch is important nearby. Drove 5 hours plus to Upper NY State a few years ago to find the launch was where the lawn stopped and the lake started. The owner said they had a great launch, yea right. Staring at my fishing boat for a week and having to rent a flat bottom tinny that killed my back drove me bonkers.

Thanks all.

JD

Hi JD,

I'm the owner of Mashkinonje Lodge on the West Arm of Lake Nipissing. My wife and I just took over the operation this spring. Our cottages are all on the waterfront, clean and comfortable. I'd be happy to put a package together for you. Check out our website at www.mashkinonjelodge.com and give us a call if your interested.

Cheers,

Regan

Edited by Regan Thompson

Thanks Regan but as I said Kaladar area. You are 4 hours or so from there. Maybe another trip. I've been trying to get family from Western NY up to Nip for a few years now. Guess why they don't want to go? They are meat hunters. They once said a small lake we used to go to is all fished out, more like all eaten out. They would eat a gobie if they tasted like chicken wings.

If I don't find anything at Kaladar I would love to go back to Nippissing. The in laws owned a place west of Callender Bay, Bear Creek, just off 651 o 654 if I remember right, over 30 years ago. I love the west arm. Maybe. Thanks I'll take a peek.

edit, you might want to change the name to West Arm Resort or something, that is one tough handle to Google. Or just supply the web address.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I took a look Regan, very, very nice. And reasonable rates. I just looked at the area where we were near Callender, wow, I don't want to put a down payment on one just rent it for a few days. What sticker shock. I better shut up before you raise the rates. Looking at rentals most of the night Nip has to be one of the most expensive I see. I saw a 3 bedroom for 350 beans at a place we iced fished 15 years back so I know the place, nice but nothing special.

I'll show my wife in the AM, she would love it, she likes hiking trails, perfect.

I'll PM you if we decide to head that way rather then Kaladar area. A stupid question maybe but is there a Golf course within 45 minutes?

Johnny D

You could try Kirk Kove Cottages John. Thats where we go on our annual fishing trip every year. The lake is Big Gull.

Owners Jim & Claire are nice people.

http://www.kirkkovecottages.com/

That was us a few years back, Few in the picture are not with us anymore, I'm sure they look down on us :angel:

http://www.kirkkovecottages.com/galleries/guests.html sixth picture from the end of the slide show.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Thanks Dave but the links won't open the pages. I'll Google them. Nope not working from the link directly to their address on Google. The lake is flat here this AM, if you hurry you might get a few passes in before the next hurricane.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Good morning try calling Smart's Marina. 613-336-2222. They are on Mazinaw Lake just up 41. Maybe they can give you some places.

There is an e-mail listed on their website.

My wife and I drove by the lake last week. A beautiful looking place.

Regards

We used to stay at a place on Buck lake.....the name escapes me right now, but I think it might be buck lake resort. Great spot, and good fishing.

The place FF mentioned on Big Gull is nice too. A buddy of mine has a cottage on Big gull, good fishin for walleyes on the long weekend!

Beautiful area of ON. I love it out that way.

S.

I took a look Regan, very, very nice. And reasonable rates. I just looked at the area where we were near Callender, wow, I don't want to put a down payment on one just rent it for a few days. What sticker shock. I better shut up before you raise the rates. Looking at rentals most of the night Nip has to be one of the most expensive I see. I saw a 3 bedroom for 350 beans at a place we iced fished 15 years back so I know the place, nice but nothing special.

I'll show my wife in the AM, she would love it, she likes hiking trails, perfect.

I'll PM you if we decide to head that way rather then Kaladar area. A stupid question maybe but is there a Golf course within 45 minutes?

Johnny D

Thanks Johnny and my mistake, thought you meant Callander initially!

Man I thought finding place would be a breeze,,,, no way. There are just so many great places at reasonable rates it isn't so easy. What a beautiful place we live in, especially for someone who loves the outdoors. The tread on the bucket list for wishful fishing spots is steeped with areas outside of Ontario, including me, it's crazy to go elsewhere considering what's right here within a days drive from T.O.

Skootamatta Lake Business Directory - Mazinaw On-Line

www.mazinaw.on.ca/.../skootamatta.shtm...

Cote Drywall, Skootamatta Lake, (613) 336-9660. J & D Excavating, Cloyne, (613 ) 336-8340. Loon Lake Lodge, Cloyne ...

Loon Lake Lodge

Cottage Rental

Box 149 39 Oborne Point Road, 39 Oborne Point Road, Cloyne, ON K0H 1K0

(613) 336-2546

Call

Directions

It's about 20mins north of kaladar great fishing nice lake and nice boat ramp & docking & gas !!!! Fished the lake many times and had great luck !!!! And there are many lakes all within a short drive. Hope this helps