Lake Erie Fri...banner day !

Rodwrap

That's the way it's done. It is getting hot out here. It has been feast or famine. # man limits being reported and then a heavy rain and wind and it seems to take a few days to settle back down. Good on you, we are happy to share them, plenty here for everyone.

Tackle is no big secret nor is location here on Erie so I ask. What did you get them on and how deep. My go to this year are reef runners and Ripplin Redfins on leadcore down 25 to 30 feet anywhere from 55 to 85 feet of water. As the water warms they are going out farther in the lake.

We were running purple harnesses 100 ft back with 3 oz snapweights...on yellow planer boards. We got 10 fish on the first run 1.. 1,5 mph. The last 2 were stubborn, but we were done by noon We fished 97--102 fow. NO HITS when trolling west...only when heading east~!

nice going will have to get out there soon, is there a reason for the spiral wrap? I've never seen that before looks interesting

Walker used to make the spiral wrap rods for down rigging. Not sure why. :dunno:

Nice haul of eyes there.

I've done spiral wraps on rigger rods since the 80's. When loaded heavy in a rigger you don't get the line crossing the blank in between the guides. I've also found that the rod doesn't rotate in the rod holder so that the reel is on the underside as bad. Putting a lot of pressure on a fish during the fight you don't get the rod wanting to twist in you hand so the guides are on the underside.

When loaded heavy in a rigger you don't get the line crossing the blank in between the guides.

Interesting. What you say,I have seen. The line does seem to be to the side and touching the rod.

Thanks for that Dave.