One More Question On Boat Ownership

bushart

Just make sure you keep a copy of the sales tax receipt for your boat. I bought mine about four yrs ago and just got a notice from the Ministry of Finance asking to pay the tax on the purchase price or provide proof that it had been already paid. Luckily I kept a copy.

What a joke...doing someone else's job for them.

Just make sure you keep a copy of the sales tax receipt for your boat. I bought mine about four yrs ago and just got a notice from the Ministry of Finance asking to pay the tax on the purchase price or provide proof that it had been already paid. Luckily I kept a copy.

Pretty sure I don't have paperwork from 96

Don't let him tow the boat away with your plate on the trailer.

I think it is possible to transfer the ownership of the plate; but when I sold my trailer I just told the buyer that I was keeping the plate and he could apply for his own. I was not about to take the risk of 407 bills or be held accountable for something he did with my plate on the trailer.

They tried the exact same stuff with us this year as well. What a crock of crap.. Glad the oldman had everything.