transducer problem

mercforever

just installed new hummingbird fishfinder,had it out on the lake ,depth read 1 ft.big roostertail off the back of the boat.i thought I installed it to the manufactures spec obviously not.is there a optimum height ,called basspro where I bought it they a couple of inches up the transom.any help would be appreciated.mine is just below bottom of boat

It will click anytime the unit is on, in the water or out it doesn't matter. You sure you have the transducer cable installed correctly into the head at the unit attaches to? What model is this?

Edited by BillM

Hummingbird has always been good to deal with for me. Giving an earful to anyone will never get you good service. You get to someone who isn't offshore. Just recently it took me 15 minutes to give a young lady offshore my email address. I have a 3 foot rooster tail on one of my unit, reminds me to lower it 1/2".

It's never fun to have to deal with any service person. Just yesterday I said to my wife I can't wait for the day I buy something and it actually works. Can you imagine having a job where every time the phone rings you know there is someone on the other line pissed, every phone call. And minimum or a poor wage at least. I usually start off by talking to the person about anything but my problem in a tone that they know I won't be combative. Doesn't work with the offshore guys, they think I'm nuts.Man I've received a lot of free stuff I didn't ask for on a warranty issue. Even an upgrade from a 5 series Hummingbird to a 7 series without asking. Once on a BBQ new grills, thermometer, drip pan and I needed a handle that cracked. Plus they sent me not 1 but 2 handles.