Lockable Rod Holder

Matt Janes

I am looking for a vertical rod holder that locks. Not sure if one exists. We have a trailer in a campground and I store my boat at the communal docks. I would like to be able to keep my rods in the boat overnight instead of bringing them up to the trailer every night. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.stripersonline.com/products/rapala-lock-n-hold-rod-rack

I have something like this installed already but I thought there might be something out there that locks so the rods couldn't be removed.

Might just stick to knowing they are safe and sound for sure by taking them up to the trailer.

When I had a trailer out at Hay Bay, all sorts of stuff stolen out of boats all the time - no matter how much you try and lock it up.

Big problem with the type of rod holder you show is that they can still walk off with the reels. Only true safe way is if your boat had under deck storage and you can lock them.

I always pulled my boat out nightly and locked my stuff back up in the truck/trailer as our spot was way up in the back away from the docks

if you don't want them stolen, take them out of the boat...this applies to electronics, tackle, etc, anything you don't want stolen, locks only slow thieves down, not stop them

This. A lock can be broken or cut, most of the marine electronic locks act as deterents. If someone really wants your stuff they'll probably find a way to get it. That being said, believe the best in people and do your best to protect your stuff, at the end of the day if you're really that worried, put it in your trailer.

Why not do both? You could easily mount that rack you posted on a piece of plywood and use Velcro strapping through a couple holes to mount it in your boat. Add a cut out along the side for a handle and make transporting the rods to the trailer even easier.