boat foam

skinny

ok so I just replaced the wood transom in my boat and the process required me to remove about 3 feet of the floor and some of the foam from the rear of the boat
I would like to put the foam back in but not sure where to get it at a cost effective way I dont think buying the cans of spray foam will be cost effective

suggestions welcome

Closed cell isosytrene foam is what you want. They do sell it at Homeless Despot but call around to a commercial dealer. Tow the boat to them and have it done. The set up they sell at HD is far more than you need, once you start the container it must be finished, like the small cans.

Why bother putting foam back in? Foam is only useful if you managed to swamp the boat, which let's face it, is extremely unlikely to happen.

Use the space for storage, dry, battery, build a cooler in there, or a removable baitwell, something useful. I removed the foam out of the middle seat in my Lund to make a dry storage area and a place for my battery and portions of foam from the other two cross seats and built in coolers, using the foam as insulation. Now when I go fishing I have no coolers in the way and the battery and wiring for everything is hidden away, not tripping over stuff.

No lifetime warranty, im the third owner of the boat, they won't honour any warranty on it.

Boat is strong like bull, got a 25 on it, it will run 27 mph with just me in it, was running 23 mph last night with three of us in it on a very rough Cameron Lake. The boat is 20 years old and doesn't leak a drop, driest boat I've ever seen. I didn't modify anything else about the middle seat regarding supports or the rivets to the hull, can't see how the foam adds so much to the structural integrity that it will cause problems, have had it out 6 years now, still no issues.

Edited by big guy