French river musky fishing book

trevy727

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any books written specifically on targeting musky on the French. I'm having a hard time finding anything. Maybe there is no such book. I guess a good Georgian bay musky book would be okay as well.

Thanks.

I have a pretty good collection of Ontario fishing and paddling books and I don't think the book you're looking for exists.

this isn't likely what your looking for, but my favorite muskie book is "A Compendium of Muskie Angling History" by Larry Ramsell, some fascinating stuff in there

Re-reading the Pearson book now, details Canadian 'shield' lakes and I imagine the french is similar in nature to that. Talks about classic Musky structure- points, reefs, spines and saddles but he is a big proponent of current in lakes- either wind induced or natural. I haven't been to the French yet, but I would think any obvious structure like I mentioned, and current breaks- back eddies etc could hold fish.

I could probably write one for you...."tales of weeping, exhaustion, episodes of desperate heavy drinking, nightmares, and the emptiness only experienced by those soon to be doomed to hell. Occasionally interrupted by wild exuberation, childish screaming and laughing, and shaking limbs."

I could probably write one for you...."tales of weeping, exhaustion, episodes of desperate heavy drinking, nightmares, and the emptiness only experienced by those soon to be doomed to hell. Occasionally interrupted by wild exuberation, childish screaming and laughing, and shaking limbs."

You've got it bad :lol:

HA HA HA . We must be fishing the same waters. :clapping::clapping:

Lmao!

Re-reading the Pearson book now, details Canadian 'shield' lakes and I imagine the french is similar in nature to that. Talks about classic Musky structure- points, reefs, spines and saddles but he is a big proponent of current in lakes- either wind induced or natural. I haven't been to the French yet, but I would think any obvious structure like I mentioned, and current breaks- back eddies etc could hold fish.

One option may be Dick Pearson's. "Muskies on the Shield". He has published both a book and DVD on Canadian Shield musky fishing. Not specific to the French River, but may be some similar structure and techniques.

My Dad worked with Mr. Pearson back in the sixties. It was the department of Lands and Forest back then. He was researching fish in Lake Baptiste. Great stories.

Not interested in a guide thanks. I've done okay for musky up there but I'm really going to start targeting them this year. I've fished the water from Hartley bay to the rapids for years but The wife and I bought a cabin on the east side of hwy 69 on the French last spring so it's all new water to us but we have many years to figure it out. Thanks