Appliance Repairs and GREAT customer service!! nf - obviously

fishnsled

The washing machine had stopped doing the high speed spin at the end of the wash earlier this week. I had forgotten about it until I was reminded last night. Well best to keep Mom happy with mother's day coming up so I passed on the opener today to see if I could get it sorted out. I couple of hours of web searching, running a diagnostic test on the machine and it appeared to be the door latch assembly.

So I travelled up to Oshawa Appliance Parts and figured I'd just buy the assembly. After chatting with the owner about the problem he says it could be a couple of things but most likely some wax switch on the door latch assembly. Explained how it worked and why it might have failed and says, we fix them. Really I thought? Who fixes anything in this disposable society that we have become now a days? Bring the part in and I'll test it to make sure it is the problem.

Home I go and my earlier research had been helpful in how to take the rubber seal off the front end loader to get the latch assembly out. I couldn't believe how easy it was to do. Back to the shop and have it tested. Yep it's bad he says but I don't have the part in stock but should have it by Wednesday. I'm happy with that when his wife says she is pretty sure there was one in the shop. Off she goes and through the maze and finds the part I need. A few minutes later, the latch is repaired and tested at a fraction of the cost.

Get home and put everything back together and vola! Good as new!!

So for the great service I figured they more than deserved a shout out here. For your appliance repair needs in Durham region, be sure to consider Oshawa Appliance Parts, fantastic people to deal with. Gotta love the mom and pop shops!!

http://www.oap.com/

Edited by fishnsled

Good to know, I have a dishwasher that needs some TLC and was having trouble finding parts. I will pay them a visit on Monday.

Thanks for posting!

Worth a phone call at least Cliff but I'd bet they can help you out and most likely save you a few dollars too. Hey Sinker, I had a vacuum repaired by them years ago and it's still working.