auto body help or advice

Back in Feburary while ice fishing Lake Nipissing I got stuck in a drift,no problem I had 3 other guys with me,they got out and after a few tries we were free. Now my buddies son is 17 6'3" and 330 lbs. He has every CIS school recruiting him to play football along with several D1 D2 schools in the USA. The kid is a beast,well during his pushing attempts he pushed my tailgate in the size of a large pie. Anyone know if these is fixable by removing the inside panel and pushing it back out or is there a better way to pop it back out? It is on the tailgate of 2008 ford explorer. thanks

Blow dryer the spot till it's hot hit it with an a can of compressed air upside down. Having the can upside down is the important thing. I have seen it work amazingly well and others not so much depends on size and location of dent. I'm not an auto body guy but if it works it would have only cost you about 10 bucks for the air which you can pick up at staples etc.

If it does not have a crease to it you should be able to push it back out from the inside. The heat and chill works also but it stresses your paint and in some cases will cause it to peel/flake in the near future. Just keep in mind the force that created the dent needs to be counter acted by a force from the exact opposite direction in both pressure and location for the best results.

Art

You can try one of those "dent wizard" guys. Most dearlships offer the service and sub the work to them or similar. Had a door ding massaged out from one of these guys and it's dam near impossible to spot where it was. Worked for me. Look them up.