Any kayak Anglers?

jedimaster

Hey You are on every site huh? I just got my tarpon 100 and have been out twice. Id love to go catch some fish but Im thinking Im not ready for Lake O. Is that where your going? and what yak are ya getting? Ive been paddling the holland river as its calm but no fish to speak of yet. Id love to get out sometime and maybe learn a little especially from a Jedi

haha, I will be starting all over in the yak. I live on Lake O and there is a fairly sheltered bay that I will dip into first. I am looking at the Old Town Vapor Angler 12xt. Its on sale at Sail for 399 on the 1rst. The lady said I can just buy it now and bring the receipt in for a price adjustment. I am going to go look at it now.

I bought the 10 footer so that it would fit iun the car easy etc. its awesome for loading and unloading. I looked for a vapor 10 here and no one had them only 12's. I saw the 10 at dicks in buffalo it looks great and comes with a bunch of stuff too I believe.

I am doubting that a 10 footer will make it up the stairs now that I got home... Gonna have to get out the tape measure. They had a nice looking inflatable kayak that looked very well made covered in canvas type. I wonder what that thing is like?

Edited by jedimaster

In that case look at this one: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20973116&cp=4406646.4413993.4417832.4417969

It's actually built from the Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 (2009 model year) form.

And is 1/2 the price of the current Tarpon 120.

I picked one up last month while on vacation and it's a really nice yak.

Here it's is on it's maiden voyage in Tampa Bay. :)

It didn't take me long to customize it with rod holders, fish finder, milk crate and action cam. B)

1920602_838663829493291_1631613677_n_zps

The lure is sweet I would have given it serious consideration if there was a dealer close to me... Very wide and high which is great for fishing but not so much for paddling against the wind and current. I now recommend that everyone makes sure they love the paddling part as much as the fishing. I had a 5k paddle on Sunday against the wind and definitely did not love it! I now realize the weather is only perfect 10-15% of the time and the paddling can be an unpleasant chore at times. Just sayin...