What a nice evening.

Big Cliff

Wed. evening Beans, MB, and CPH came over for supper and a bit of fishing. While the fishing wasn't too good, the company as usual was wonderful. The bonus was though that Beans had caught some nice crappies and because his hand was sore, Steve had cleaned them for him and they brought us a nice bag of fresh crappie fillets. Sue and I had them for dinner last night and I have to tell you, they were awesom!

Thanks guys for the wonderful company and the fantastic fillets.

Yup, it was a beautiful evening, my folks were over to see the girls and my dad saw that I bought a bunch of stuff for my vegetable garden and took it upon himself to plant it for me in that heat (God love him for that, but I like to play in the garden myself). After we put the kids to bed, we ordered in a pizza and had a nice dinner out on the deck, it was gorgeous last night. I love this time of year because in Oakville, there are not any bugs just yet. You can sit out in peace. Now, it's not being out on the deck at the cottage but I'll take it and we didn't have any fresh crappie either but I'll try to remedy that in a couple of weeks.

I hear ya Cliff. Sounds like a great time. Beans and Maribeth were at my place on Wednesday night two weeks ago and they are just wonderful company. I also remember J and I spending a weekend at your house a few years back and you and Sue were just sensational hosts.

Good stuff!

I was fishing for crappie on the tri-lakes main on pigeon and buckhorn about a week ago. Nothing really big but lots of dinks in one bay. Are they still in by any chance or have they left? The bigger ones were from pigeon.