bushwacking on a bravo longtrack, sledding, NF

chris.brock

I'm lucking, I have hundreds of acres of crown land right behind my cottage, the BR 250 LT is great for riding off trail

100_2197_zps90cd828c.jpg

it's hard to believe this was less than 2 weeks ago, it was 24 degrees and summer like today here in Oakville

this video will be far more interesting if-

1) you're an off trail snowmobiler

2) you're as high as a kite, Hahaha

Yep. Love my Bravo. But mines a short track. I am trying to find a LT parts sled... SO I can upgrade it to an LT suspension and track.. One of the hardest sleds to find on Kijiji (for a good price).

p_00582.jpg

Pretty sure Yamaha doesn't make 'em anymore? A dealership told me, that keeping what I've got in great shape, it could sell for nearly what I paid for it in 05. 40-50 of these machines were sold each season while up on the western James Bay. Cheapest, reliable, working sled. Tundra would be the next step up, but with everything going 4-stroke, it'd be a whole different heavy sled and expense. Keep them Bravo's fine tuned.

Yep, they stopped making them a few years back.

A good LT is very hard to come by, and worth lots. I could get nearly a grand for my 87 short track if I ever wanted to sell it. That's based on looking at Kijiji every day for the last 3 months trying to find a parts sled for a summer project.

For sure, keep em tuned up!!

Yep, they stopped making them a few years back.

A good LT is very hard to come by, and worth lots. I could get nearly a grand for my 87 short track if I ever wanted to sell it. That's based on looking at Kijiji every day for the last 3 months trying to find a parts sled for a summer project.

For sure, keep em tuned up!!

there was a BR LT up near Powassan on Kijiji a few months ago (long gone now), it was a little rough but I think $1200, but yeah, pretty hard to come by

that would be a cool project, it's a long shot, but I'll let you know if I come across a skid frame and track from an LT

I met some trappers in the bush, they owned 3 BR LTs, he mentioned that since he put a 1" or 1.25" track on his, deep snow performance is significantly better

3 cottage buddies have older Tundra 250 LTs, very cool sleds but, they are heavier than the BR, they often have mechanical trouble and the steel tunnels rust

Edited by chris.brock

I guess that's why my 250 Bravo disappeared from the horse farm in Orr Lake... swapped Leah's old man my Bravo for his Skidoo 500, so that his step daughter could make trails for horse riding. Asked him where it was since she's not there anymore.. and he told me it disappeared. Now I know why if they're getting that kinda money for them. Love it.. get stuck.. lift it up with one arm and throw it sideways...

A guy just replied to my Kijiji "wanted" add. Has a full suspension from the LT. No track. $125.

What do you guys think? Seems like a reasonable price.

if the skid frame is straight, the price seems fair, then you could pick-up a 136" track with 1" lugs

I'm just wondering how much work is involved to get it working. There's a pretty big difference in the length of the tunnels between the 2 sleds

I did a quick search but didn't find anything