Nottawasaga Navigable water way ?

Rustic-Fisher

Has anyone heard parts of this river may be reclassified as private ? Restricting boat traffic ( canoes, drift boats etc..). A few friends were telling me about it last night. We drift the river regularly and I'm hoping this is not the case . Plan on stopping by the Town offices toady.

Thanks

R

Just found where the info came from , was in our local paper yesterday.

It doesn't include streambed rights :) Won't be different then drifting through any other private water on that river (which as you know there is a lot of)

Edited by BillM

Even if there were streambead rights granted, could you not still float over the bed legally?

Absolutely, but there haven't been streambed rights granted since like 1904, lol. And now, if you happen to have streambed rights and you sell your property, those rights go back to the crown.

The only river I know of that has any sort of streambed rights that I've fished is the Rocky Saugeen.

Edited by BillM

Ohhhhhh the wars from angry landowners our boats have seen lol.

Thanks for the info !

I find the ones on the Notty ok (except for crazy chainsaw lady) Bighead is a completely different story :)

Edited by BillM

Maybe it,s the same lady that throws rocks at anglers. I heard she has called the OPP many times. She was charged and they ignore her calls now. Im looking forward to a float down the river this year. Just need to get a few guys together so we can have a drop off and pick up.

Maybe it,s the same lady that throws rocks at anglers. I heard she has called the OPP many times. She was charged and they ignore her calls now. Im looking forward to a float down the river this year. Just need to get a few guys together so we can have a drop off and pick up.

Sounds like you may need a Kevlar vest as well :( .That's crazy!

Ahhh the rock thrower !!!!! Her I know lol

I'll bring the canoe :)

theres a lady like that on the pine, a nice rainbow dragged me into the lower part of the river last fall and i was wading the river, i landed the fish and she made me release it, because apparently the river is her property and she will call the cops if i keep the fish, next time ill wait for the cops to show up!

theres a lady like that on the pine, a nice rainbow dragged me into the lower part of the river last fall and i was wading the river, i landed the fish and she made me release it, because apparently the river is her property and she will call the cops if i keep the fish, next time ill wait for the cops to show up!

She's right, you should be letting those fish go anyhow. :)

lol, i let most of them go, but keep one to eat every ounce in a while, especially if they're from the g-bay tribs and are small, anyways, thats not the point, she had no right to be telling me what to do, i can keep a fish if i want, I'm under my possession limit and i don't keep rainbows all that often. I was just pi$$ed at the lady for telling me what to do, didn't care much for releasing the fish, i can get another if i want to.

Edited by BowSlayer101

lol, i let most of them go, but keep one to eat every ounce in a while, especially if they're from the g-bay tribs and are small, anyways, thats not the point, she had no right to be telling me what to do, i can keep a fish if i want, I'm under my possession limit and i don't keep rainbows all that often. I was just pi$$ed at the lady for telling me what to do, didn't care much for releasing the fish, i can get another if i want to.

I get what you're saying, annoying landowners are annoying.