Nw bay NW ontario

manitoubass2

Well i had to go get rid of that 2oz walleye that landed me a derby win, lol. So me and a great bud headed out on to rainy lake. Day started with getting the truck stuck. A few phone calls and we got out okay. But change of game plans as the drifts wouldn't allow us to drive out. So we check navionics and change the game plan. Drill ten holes 400 yards offshore on what we agree looks like promising grounds. Payed off big time! First fish 5 mins in, 17.5" keeper. We marked fish like crazy, big ones too! We alternated holes and continued to absolutely hammer walleye from 16.5" to 26". Missed a few at the hole but luckily dove in to catch them haha. All fish but one came on buckshot jigging spoons in orange/yellow tipped with frozen shiners. One fish came on a deadsticked jig. Amazing day, great time! I'm waiting for him to send my pics, but here are a few in the meantime:)67DFB452-71E6-4171-A5D0-854602966086_zpsEA3B5E57-ECDE-439D-9327-5A8CBE3E1A1A_zpsF1F49EF3-4021-491F-B490-90438C743E6F_zpsF1F49EF3-4021-491F-B490-90438C743E6F_zps2E2D21E7-BBE0-4D98-A993-05F0D637928C_zpsmy keeps for the day! AE7F80B8-FCEF-4CB5-88F5-A14D1DA9CF96_zps

One awesome thing that i seen twice today was BIG pike swoop in from just under the ice to 20 fow to hammer fish i was jigging up! On one hand it sucked, on the other hand it was awesome to see. Those pike were hammering 18" walleye on my video game screen, so cool. Wish i had the gopro through ice to tape it. Oh well maybe next time

You guys lucked out finding a good spot after getting stuck like that....I know the feeling of having to change plans and hope for the best; usually I end up getting skunked haha.

Great meal you put out there!

yeah we really lucked out. The spot we wanted to fish(holds rediculous big walleye) was only 6-700 yards away. I was gonna bring my gear sled but buddy said naw we dont need it lol. Thats how it always happens haha. I wasnt gonna walk that in snow and slush with auger in hand and all our gear, cause we only had 4 hours to fish. Ah well, we'll hit that spot another day. And thanks, meal turned out awesome:)simple but tasty

Yup

Sometimes it's all about makin lemonade when your given lemons

years ago my son and I were in a bass tourney----long story short-----started into the day---I hit a rock with my prop and mangled it really good.

We could still move but like 2mph tops

Well I told him (who was very dis-heartened) that we'd keep fishin and stay put and try and make the best of it---well a couple hours before weigh in-----we started catchin huge smallies-------I gave us enough time to limp into the weigh in

Guess who won? Including Big fish of the tourney

I'm thinkin that had my prop been good----probably would not have stayed in that spot

Yup

Sometimes it's all about makin lemonade when your given lemons

years ago my son and I were in a bass tourney----long story short-----started into the day---I hit a rock with my prop and mangled it really good.

We could still move but like 2mph tops

Well I told him (who was very dis-heartened) that we'd keep fishin and stay put and try and make the best of it---well a couple hours before weigh in-----we started catchin huge smallies-------I gave us enough time to limp into the weigh in

Guess who won? Including Big fish of the tourney

I'm thinkin that had my prop been good----probably would not have stayed in that spot

awesome! Thats a great memory to share

PS

I was gonna start a Pro-Staff Tourney team--- With past tourney winners---but the bar was set with your last win at 3oz :whistling:

Just kiddin Dude

Nice catch on Rainy---I fished that lake years ago but for a pre-fish for that big bass tourney outta the Fort

Hahaha. Hey thats cool, fort frances bass championship is a pretty big event around here. Always a good time. Rainy lake is awesome, i love fishing it. NW bay is about a 35 minute drive from my house, so we fish there quite often. Even up to the cascades or porters inlet. Big lake, lotsa big fish

Edited by manitoubass2