Grand On Sunday

Sherriff

Hit the Grand with my brother and Fish4Life on Sunday hoping to chase some walleye.

Weather was beautiful and we could hardly believe it was November. Met Ned (Fish4Life) in Hamilton and headed to the launch. Ned has some really unique launching methods and here is a picture of him performing some Cirque de Soleil routine on the trunk of his car. :P

HPIM2126.jpg

After warming the the motor we were off to the dam. Not many boats out, maybe 3 all day and a few shore fisherman chucking jigs and minnows..

The water was clearer that I have ever seen the grand. About 2-3 foot visability. Slight wind.

HPIM2135.jpg

Not much action at all for almost and hour. We were using jigs and twister tails or jig and worm. Also throwing the odd crank bait.

HPIM2133.jpg

I decided to switch up and was rewarded with this nice little eye.

HPIM2128.jpg

My first Grand walleye.

Ned enjoying the day out and getting his SKUNK on.... :lol:

HPIM2134.jpg

About 20 minutes later, another little eye for me.........

HPIM2129.jpg

HPIM2131.jpg

We stuck it out a little longer and decided to try something else further down the river.

My brother Jamie managed this carp but that was it for the day. Here is Ned holding Jamie's carp and Jamie describing the Leafs this season.

HPIM2136.jpg

We headed back to try the dam but it is a tough place to fish...Did not see anyone else catch any eyes or anything for that matter all day....

Was great to get out and wet a line again. Been too long for me. Thanks to Ned for setting up this day out. Had a blast and will do it again soon.....

Sherriff