Who is akaShag and why is he here? (Introduction)

akaShag

Welcome from just down the "bore01" from you. I live In Brighton and work in Belleville, I also drive to Kingston often to hit up Costco and to visit the best crappy tire I have ever been in.... I had no idea crappy tires had giant fish tanks at their gun counters until I visited the one in Kingston. It's a sweet location.

If your ever in quinte and I am free send me a pm

G.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I have been here a few weeks now and have learned a few things:

1. Most of the folks here are polite and respectful of each other's opinions.

2. To see where number 1 is not necessarily true, follow threads about Conservation Officers and/or Lake Nipissing.

3. My machine will not let me use the QUOTE button, nor can I make any "hot link" button work. (yet...)

4. When I enable html for a response, the spaces that I carefully insert for reading clarity disappear.

So far, so good, but I really do need to figure out some of these computer glitches.

Doug

Doug please post what you are doing to quote as well as what operating system you are using. I would suggest you download Chrome and try to use the features it seems to be one of the easier glitch free programs. We are aware that IE is not friendly and as they change there versions it has been problematic at best. You can also start a thread in the Computer section and others will be happy to help you.

Art

Thanks Art. I am using Windows 7 Professional, and do not have these problems with quite a number of other Internet sites....

When I push the "Quote" button on a post that I would like to quote, essentially nothing happens, and it does not show up in my reply box, neither on the first page nor on a "more reply options" page. I can cut and paste by enabling html on the latter page, but then the text appears with no spaces. And on a hot button, usually I get a little yellow star with an "X" in it (which leads me to think it is a pop-up blocker problem). That one I think I can fix if I fart around with it long enough................

Ah, the heady challenges of an Internet Adventurer! :rolleyes:

Doug

Thanks Art. I am using Windows 7 Professional, and do not have these problems with quite a number of other Internet sites....

When I push the "Quote" button on a post that I would like to quote, essentially nothing happens, and it does not show up in my reply box, neither on the first page nor on a "more reply options" page. I can cut and paste by enabling html on the latter page, but then the text appears with no spaces. And on a hot button, usually I get a little yellow star with an "X" in it (which leads me to think it is a pop-up blocker problem). That one I think I can fix if I fart around with it long enough................

Ah, the heady challenges of an Internet Adventurer! :rolleyes:

Doug

What browser Doug?,I use mozilla firefox with no issues.

aplumma also suggested Google Chrome. I tried it twice, hated it, had any number of problems with it and cannot see myself going back to it.

But I am an old fart and not only technophobic but also a technonincompoop...................

aplumma also suggested Google Chrome. I tried it twice, hated it, had any number of problems with it and cannot see myself going back to it.

But I am an old fart and not only technophobic but also a technonincompoop...................

Download mozilla firefox latest version.Does not have to be your default browser,but save it to desk top.That way you can use ie or mozilla firefox when you need to.Should not take to long.Give it a shot.

back to davey buoy................that takes more brain power than I can muster most days so I have not even tried yet.

But I DID can a bunch of goose breasts today, some with bacon and others with bacon and maple syrup. So I did actually spend some time doing productive things.............. :canadian:

Doug