Kid Friendly Campground Recommendation (NF)

sneak_e_pete

Hi all. I have 3 boys ages 6, 4 and 2. I am looking for a campground recommendation within a couple hours of Toronto. I am trying to find something fun (we wont be fishing this trip unless from a dock) and I am single dad, so somewhere with a variety of fun activities to keep them busy (and control my sanity)....thanks in advance!!!!

My favourite Provincial Park is Awenda within your travel distance, with very small kids. Beauty hardwood forest, very large spread out sites, town not too far, sites away from water for wondering kids, decent playgrounds. Just a very nice park IMO and Ive been to a bunch with the family.

A couple of options close to the GTA:

We did a father/son group camping trip at Earl Rowe PP is near Alliston about 10yrs ago. Close by and a nice beach.

There is a trailer park on Lake Bellwoodn near Fergus that has camping spots and probably trailers to rent as well. Community Pool too.

Lovesick Lake Park really is a nice place and we used to camp there when I was kid way back in the late 50's.

I now live just 10 minutes down the road from there and although we don't camp there we often go to their restaurant for breakfast or dinner.

Beautiful camp in a beautiful location with great fishing.

I'd 2nd the recommendation.

Edited by lew

We went to " Camp Hillbilly " a few years ago to meet up with some friends from Oakville , despite being right beside the highway , I was impressed with the facility and lack of traffic noise .. lots for kids to do .

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon