Help !...can't find a thread...

Beans

I've tried a search for "emissions tests" and/or "temporary vehicle license" to no avail...

There was a thread on these topics a short while ago ???

I just received my licence renewal for my 1995 Ford 150 truck and was thinking I will scrap her if she don't pass the emission test (old type test not the new one on the computer)...However, that would leave me without a ride in April for the spring crappie season and in May to September for carp...

What I am searching for is how do I obtain a temporary license (if needed) and how long is it good for?

Any help will be appreciated...

Edited by Beans

If it fails.. and then fails the second time after spending the max amount of specified repairs... then your conditional pass is good for a year just like it is when you pass an emission test. But with tests only required every 2 years... you'll be good for two.

You will also have to find a tail pipe test facility for the '95. They should all be done that way anyhow.

I still can't believe the GM's get away with pumping the very same air that is outside the car.. into the exhaust to dilute the ppm of pollution in their exhaust system to pass a tail pipe test! The end result is the same for what we breath...

Edited by irishfield

If it fails.. and then fails the second time after spending the max amount of specified repairs... then your conditional pass is good for a year just like it is when you pass an emission test. But with tests only required every 2 years... you'll be good for two.

Thanks Wayne...I don't want to spend any monies on repairs...I guess I was confused...(It's me age - don't you know)...I thought if it failed I could get the conditional pass...Oh well...I'l just have to learn to do without wheels unless the wife is kind enough to lend me hers (I pay her insurance)...

Edited by Beans

If it fails... there is a small amount you have to try in repairs and then test again for an additional $17.50. Can't find anywhere that says what the price limit on such repairs are.. but you MUST leave it at the same garage for the diagnostic and repair attempt before retest. If you take it away there is no price limit on repairs.

If it fails... there is a small amount you have to try in repairs and then test again for an additional $17.50. Can't find anywhere that says what the price limit on such repairs are.. but you MUST leave it at the same garage for the diagnostic and repair attempt before retest. If you take it away there is no price limit on repairs.

I've been through the above with former vehicles Wayne and somehow they magically passed the second test...makes one wonder if the repairs were really needed at all or is it a scam !!! :dunno::dunno:

:dunno:

It's about scrap time anyways...I keep hoping I don't get stopped by John Law...The truck body is in bad shape (mine too)...

Edited by Beans

Does the truck have a CEL? (Check Engine Light).. If not, I wouldn't worry about it. You're allowed two readiness monitors to fail before the entire vehicle fails if I'm not mistaken.

Don't go doing anything crazy like removing the battery or anything before the test either. You need to drive the truck for a few days before the readiness monitors will read 'Ok'

Edited by BillM