Computer help NF

Big Cliff

In the last couple of days every time I try to go into my internet it comes up with http://www.mysearchresults.com/?c=9003&t=08

I am getting ticked off because this stupid site keeps flashing this advertisement telling me to update my computer to make it faster. I want Google as my home page! Everytime I go into my settings and select Google as my home page then try to access it again, it works once then unselects Google and goes back to the mysearchresults.com.

HELP!

I hear ya Cliff! These pop ups are a pain! Sorry to hijack your thread but perhaps the person(s) that offer you an explanation could reply to my problem. I'm like you - need some help to get rid of this one called AVG. They want me to buy their protection & I don't have a clue??

DOUBLE HELP!

Download these two programs they are freeware and run them.

Malwarebytes and CCleaner. They are designed to sweep your computer manually and remove malware and clear all of the caches your computer can get a program stuck in. They will not erase anything that your computer uses to run itself. You will lose any cookies that keep you signed in on websites so you will need to reenter the name and password for this and similar sites.

Art

I hear ya Cliff! These pop ups are a pain! Sorry to hijack your thread but perhaps the person(s) that offer you an explanation could reply to my problem. I'm like you - need some help to get rid of this one called AVG. They want me to buy their protection & I don't have a clue??

DOUBLE HELP!

AVG is a program you installed for security it is the freeware version so it will continue to ask you to buy the whole program. I personally us a purchased copy of norton for my security some like it others don't.

Art

I have used AVG for years and it works for me. You might have the trial version for the paid program. Uninstall it from your control panel, then download the free version if you need free virus protection.

Same with Cliff. Did you check to see if it's a program that you can uninstall from you control panel. Just a thought.

I also use CCleaner and it works well.

I have used AVG for years and it works for me. You might have the trial version for the paid program. Uninstall it from your control panel, then download the free version if you need free virus protection.

Same with Cliff. Did you check to see if it's a program that you can uninstall from you control panel. Just a thought.

I also use CCleaner and it works well.

I use a paid version of Norton and it seems pretty good for the most part!

I did try to see if it was a program I could turn off, couldn't find it. Went into my setup and selected Google as my search engine, even made Google my only search engine but that stupid program kept turning Google back off and making itself my search engine. Installed that Malwarebytes and ran it; 125 "problems" found. Deleated them all, restarted my computer and all seems good now.