peir fishing steelhead at night

shimano19

hey guys, I would like to get out fishing more during the weekdays after work. I looked at the mouth of the credit and it looks like it has some nice area to fish off at night. I was considering going down tomorrow night after the rain to do some casting for steelhead using spoons, kwikfish and mepps. do you think the steelhead would be active enough to chase the bait or even be holding at the mouth at this time? give me some advice. thanks

You would be better server to fish the mouth of narrower tributaries that neck the river down a little to concentrate the fish, ie: some of our eastern creeks. the credit is huge at the mouth in comparison, but certainly you could catch them there! I would toss an egg sinker with a floating roe bag, filled with stinky skein. Bring a Coleman lantern, a lawnchair, a book and sit tight. You most certainly can also catch them on hardware, but I prefer the flatfish and spinners in the daylight when the float bite slows down. Night fishing for bows, I always fished big stinky jam bags off bottom, and it produced. I don't fish trout at night anymore, and haven't in many years, but I don't imagine much has changed!

I was down there walking the dog last wed before my sons hockey game. I did not see any signage restricting hours but did see signs saying no fishing in certain areas on the east side of the river. I was surprised to see about 10 boats still docked in the marina this late in the year.

You would be better server to fish the mouth of narrower tributaries that neck the river down a little to concentrate the fish, ie: some of our eastern creeks. the credit is huge at the mouth in comparison, but certainly you could catch them there! I would toss an egg sinker with a floating roe bag, filled with stinky skein. Bring a Coleman lantern, a lawnchair, a book and sit tight. You most certainly can also catch them on hardware, but I prefer the flatfish and spinners in the daylight when the float bite slows down. Night fishing for bows, I always fished big stinky jam bags off bottom, and it produced. I don't fish trout at night anymore, and haven't in many years, but I don't imagine much has changed!

caught tons of trout using this method for years !!!!! i would start fishing about 3am and fish till the first few fishermen would show up and start fishing at 6am !!!! its amazing sometimes how active the trout will be just an hour or 2 before daylight !!!!