Salus Float Jackets

Headhunter

Hey all,

My generous wife bought me a Salus float jacket for my birthday. It seems like a good quality jacket to me, but I have no experience with Salus... I have many years of Mustang and Bouy o Boy experience, both have served me well, but after 20 years, my Mustang Bomber jacket is lookin pretty nasty and the foam floatation has moved all over the place!.

I have some time to decide if I want to keep the coat or return it. Hoping to get some opinions from folks who have this product.

So far, as said, it seems nice... my only complaint would be a lack of pockets both inside and outside the coat.

Please feel free to comment with your experiences... much appreciated!

HH

Great to hear Joe... sounds like she wants you out of the house this winter!!! :ninja:

Can't say as I blame her Wayne!

Yer a lucky man Joe. Salus is one of top.

Thanks for that Brian. To be honest, I had never heard of them before, but it does look like it's really well made... the pocket thing is buggin me though...

HH

Approach her gently and ask if she would really be upset about you trading it in for something that's more suited to your needs. Mine can't seem to understand that I like zippers on the pockets on my fleece jackets so I don't loose stuff. Then she says, you never like what I buy you....fine, time to warm up the garage.

Approach her gently and ask if she would really be upset about you trading it in for something that's more suited to your needs. Mine can't seem to understand that I like zippers on the pockets on my fleece jackets so I don't loose stuff. Then she says, you never like what I buy you....fine, time to warm up the garage.

Well, she bought me new ice fishing boots as well and they are going back! I'm lucky, she doesn't mind me taking things back as long as at the end of it all, I'm happy!

Maybe I should have got the insultated garage door!

HH

Joe,I have one rule when it comes to buying fishing and hunting stuff as gifts to me.

PLEASE,just give me cash or a gift card. It,s been working now for many years.

That's a rule that I usually follow as well... but I must say that in the past, she has done a magnificant job of buying the right thing. She has bought me;

-Mustang Bomber jacket I have worn for 20 years!

-Bouy o Boy bibs that are still in great shape

-my last pair of ice fishing boots... they are in great shape, except for the cracks in the rubber from aging...

Yah, in many respects, I'm lucky!

HH

You would be crazy to return a Salus float jacket.

What class is it?

IMHO - They are the best out there. And "Made" in Canada.

I have an endurance class 1 peace. And have nothing but good to say about it.

For what it's worth I researched floater suits to death last winter and ended up buying the Arctic Armor jacket and bibs. The big difference between Arctic Armor and other brands is they're so thin and comfortable to wear, 10X more comfortable than any other product on the market imo, and also incredibly warm. If I wear anything more than a base layer under this suit I sweat.

I got the camo version which also has a soft outer finish unlike any other floater suit I've seen.

If you're still undecided you may want to check them out.

http://www.profishingsupply.com/arcticarmor/aa_camo_suits.htm

You would be crazy to return a Salus float jacket.

What class is it?

IMHO - They are the best out there. And "Made" in Canada.

I have an endurance class 1 peace. And have nothing but good to say about it.

Here's a link to their web site... mine is the comfort light SC-1200 jacket.

http://www.salusmarine.com/product/prolite.html

HH