MCI Insiders - someone have the pic of the anglers 59x34?

Steve

I think that technologies have allowed people to go out much later into winter to target world record musky.

Some musky guides have spent decades targeting biggest muskies (in Nov., Dec.) on St. Lawrence/Ottawa R. or Georgian Bay.like Mike Lazurus. This has resulted in a couple of near 60 lb. musky with all that time and effort for him.

This 59 by 34 in.fish is largest caught if accurately measured.

I agree...

I get how the guys don't want the publicity.. but seems there is way more hype now that the pic is being held back. So much controversy in the musky record world. Can't wait until someone catches and keeps a giant and puts it all to rest.

Regardless it's a undoubtedly massive pig and awesome accomplishment.. hope they didn't catch it on a jig and minnow lol. Congrats to the gentlemen who released it.

Seems like every year the fish are getting bigger and bigger , I have to wonder , is it because more anglers are targeting Muskie and go out later and later in the season , or with good genetics is the species evolving into a general population of larger specimens , I'd like to hear Darwin's take on the subject.

Every year there are stories of huge fish, and many turn out to be Bull. Some nice fish, but for some reason, many guys lie about size, and add inches or pounds to their fish. Not sure what the point of that is, and who they think they are competing with. Not saying this rumoured fish isn't legit, as I really have no idea, but it's understandable if guys are doubtful givin the enormous reported size of this fish. Hopefully some pics are released for us to enjoy, and it would be cool if it is a true giant. Good on them for releasing it, and there is no such thing as a catch and release record...

I think the VHS virus in 2004-2007 that ravaged the St.Lawrence gave way for the healthiest, strongest and best genetics of the remaining Muskies to flourish. It's been about 10 years, just enough time for them to turn into giants.

Matt we are watching the girth of the musky on LSC grow each year also. And the numbers of fish in the 35-45" range are huge here. Many of us thank the VHS virus for doing what Mother Nature has always done take out the weak and let the strong grow.

I think its unfair to throw daggers at this guy.

I would have bonked it just to end the debate. Good for him for releasing it. I am curious about this fish and want to see pics. Some of these comments are exactly why some super fish never hit the internet boards.

I will take his word as true even though other fish in the past have been blatant exaggeration a or lies. I will let you decide which ones I am talking about.

Landry

From what I understand the release of this I do was not supposed to happen until the Mci release journal was out and at that time the picture would have been out also.

I hope all the negative stuff not here but on other sites does not keep the pictures from getting released.

The guy that caught it is a dedicated musky fisherman. Josh it was not a jig and minnow this time. Just a good guy that has finally caught his fish of a lifetime.