Quick report

Christopheraaron

Was hoping to get out east and float some estuaries this morning but my ride decided to look at ice huts instead so I had to go west for the second day in a row (Poor me lol). Got there expecting at least a bit of a stain to the water with the rain we got last night, but upon seeing the river it was obvious that the rain hadn't done anything, still tonnes of visibility.

Started off using an egg sucking leech under an indicator but wasn't getting much of a response, so I switched up to the pin drifting a 6mm fresh dropped bead and small roe bag. Still wan't getting anything but at least I had confidence in this pattern so I kept fishing it until it paid off, float drops, short fight and a beautifully coloured hen comes to the bank. Here are some pics.

The rig of choice.

image_zps433f988d.jpeg

Confidence after a good 2 days of skunking regained!

image_zps6c63cbb5.jpeg

Found this guy after I nearly stepped on him.

photo_zpsc26e2003.jpg

Toward the end of the day I also found this. I'm not sure what it's from, I'm guessing a small fawn (TBH it actually felt A LOT like caribou hair, but somehow I doubt it is ;) ) sorry for the bad pic quality but any guesses? I'm guessing it was taken down by a coyote...

photo_zps97b79cad.jpg

That's it, only one trout and some pesky chubs but good to be on the river again!

Awesome!!! The more i see these types of reports the more i wanna try it :) it would involve some heavy travelling though. Superior tribs would be the closest to me i think???

Lots of tribs on the east coast of superior that get runs of fish.

Awesome!!! The more i see these types of reports the more i wanna try it :) it would involve some heavy travelling though. Superior tribs would be the closest to me i think???

I believe the st mary's gets a run, that's probably only a couple hours for you. You could talk to TDunn, I'm pretty sure he fishes it a lot.

I believe the st mary's gets a run, that's probably only a couple hours for you. You could talk to TDunn, I'm pretty sure he fishes it a lot.

He's from Rainy River thats more like 12 hours from the St Mary's. Manitou there are a bunch of tribs west of Tbay that take in steelhead- probably only about 4-5 hours for you, could be doable in a multi day trip.

Edited by DundasSteelheader

He's from Rainy River thats more like 12 hours from the St Mary's. Manitou there are a bunch of tribe west of Tbay that take in steelhead- probably only about 4-5 hours for you, could be doable in a multi day trip.

Wow, didn't realize it was that far until I looked at the route on a map.

He's from Rainy River thats more like 12 hours from the St Mary's. Manitou there are a bunch of tribe west of Tbay that take in steelhead- probably only about 4-5 hours for you, could be doable in a multi day trip.

yeah, thats exactly the area im thinking. Edited by manitoubass2