Rob Ford being grilled this morning by TO city council

Old Ironmaker

Begin acting like every other politician would do it for me. I refuse to seperate the man from the message till we wake the F up and take these MOFOS to task once and for all. I truly believe if one house falls others will follow. Simple enough?

So for Fordsy to lose your support he would have to stop smoking crack, stop binge drinking, stop hanging out with gang bangers and drug dealers, stop driving drunk, stop making leud comments on live Tv, stop telling lies to the people that elected him..... You know, act like the other politicians. (Minus the lies, as we all know every politician tells lies)

Ya, that's simple enough.

I understand you don't like "normal" politicians. But Ford has gone way over the line.

Edited by N.A.W

By the way. Nice talking points but when have they given him an honest chance in the last 14 years.

And this has always been the flaw with the ostritch. It doesn't realize that the longer it keeps its little head in the sand the more veunerable it becomes to predation.

The "hunters and gatherers as our forefathers were" attempted justification with outlets teeming with meat aside, what does blowing away game via a cartridge and/or shell make you, a pacifist? Quite conflicted aren't you.

I'm going to have to break things up. And need to do a better job of using the quote feature since the text keeps changing so many times.

Your 1st paragraph:

I actually make a very similar statement here in the days after ford was elected mayor. That was a little over 3 years ago. His honest chance(s) in the last 14 years would be about the same as any other councillor or mayor.

2nd paragraph:

Ostriches don't stick their heads in the sand (They run like the wind). Even if we were to except that myth I'm not sure how it is relevant, but I'm sure you will enlighten me.

3rd paragraph:

Haven't got a clue what point you are trying to make. But I have no confliction here.

Wow, what a thread.

For those of you that commented on what your children will think about the Santa Clause parade and how you will have to explain that the mayor is a crack head. If it is your position to make that parade about crack head mayors then that's exactly what it will be about. If your decision is to celebrate Christmas with your children during the parade, and not make the Mayor a focal point, then that's exactly what it will be about.

My children are 17 and 11 yrs. old girls. They still like going to the Santa Claus parade.

There is little talk of Ford here (especially after yesterdays cat talk) but they are smart and social enough.....etc.

At least Rob Ford isn't going to participate this year which takes away that very slight chance of his influence.or.disruption.

I live a few hundred yards from start of Santa Claus parade (Christie Pits). My main focus, as usual, is not to move my car that day until parade ends. Over a million people attend and parking (even in my spot) is insane for half the day.

So for Fordsy to lose your support he would have to stop smoking crack, stop binge drinking, stop hanging out with gang bangers and drug dealers, stop driving drunk, stop making leud comments on live Tv, stop telling lies to the people that elected him..... You know, act like the other politicians. (Minus the lies, as we all know every politician tells lies)

Ya, that's simple enough.

I understand you don't like "normal" politicians. But Ford has gone way over the line.

LOFL!!!!!! Priceless. "But Ford has gone way over the line" < That is simple.

Nothing normal about the way politicians are behaving. They are eroding everything from rights and freedoms to the opportunity for us to earn a respectable living so keep hacking away and keep regurgitating everything you've heard. No matter what Rob has done the message must not be lost.

Must be a bunch of lousy hunters here as is evident by the shots continually taken at easy targets.

Edited by moxie

Found some of my comments from shortly after the election 3 years ago (the red highlighted text is from the search feature):

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

He is going to have one heck of a celebration party.
Added November 15, 2013: I had no idea.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:11 PM

Ford's victory speech: Where's my beer??? I mean wine... I mean joint...

Get your popcorn ready 'cause it's going to be entertaining for the next four years.
Added November 15, 2013: Again, no idea, but a few things would be added to that list.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

The city of Barrie had a somewhat similar situation last election. We voted in a new mayor that had been a long time, hard-nose councillor. As councillor he did rub some people the wrong way, but did a solid job and was re-elected more than once in his ward. As mayor, with still only one vote, he was very unsuccessful because he was not able to build a consistent consensus on numerous key issues. He did also seam to step right into several embarrassing messes as well. Last night our incumbent mayorreceived less than 4% support, but almost all councillors were re-elected.

Ford (leaving his personal troubles and un pc comments aside) was very useful on council because he did count every penny spent, and called people out for their spending. As mayor he still has only one vote and will need to work well with others to accomplish anything. Only in time will we know whether or not he can.

Edited by kickingfrog, 26 October 2010 - 02:19 PM.

Added November 15, 2013: I only had a little idea.

I'm going to have to break things up. And need to do a better job of using the quote feature since the text keeps changing so many times.

Your 1st paragraph:

I actually make a very similar statement here in the days after ford was elected mayor. That was a little over 3 years ago. His honest chance(s) in the last 14 years would be about the same as any other councillor or mayor.

2nd paragraph:

Ostriches don't stick their heads in the sand (They run like the wind). Even if we were to except that myth I'm not sure how it is relevant, but I'm sure you will enlighten me.

3rd paragraph:

Haven't got a clue what point you are trying to make. But I have no confliction here.

1st paragraph; In the 14 years Rob has toiled at city hall, the majority of council made a mockery of him and the office he held as Mayor and did everything in their power to make his life difficult.

2nd paragraph; I apologize for using a metaphor. I had no idea it would be that difficult for you to decipher.

3rd paragraph; That would make you clueless. Now theres clarification.

Nota Bene Kfrog. I was asked a question by N.A.W . Your response and interjection was neither asked for or needed. The next time you have a bone to pick with me I suggest you take a second, read your signature and choke on it. You dig?

You give yourself too much credit Rob Ford.

Looks like the real criminals in all of this.

Ford?

simple.

Robford_zps9a43d7fd.jpg

Read about cognitive dissonance Kicking Frog. Not a hard read.

You will see the finest examples displayed by hardcore Ford disciple.

1st paragraph; In the 14 years Rob has toiled at city hall, the majority of council made a mockery of him and the office he held as Mayor and did everything in their power to make his life difficult.

2nd paragraph; I apologize for using a metaphor. I had no idea it would be that difficult for you to decipher.

Nota Bene Kfrog. I was asked a question by N.A.W . Your response and interjection was neither asked for or needed. The next time you have a bone to pick with me I suggest you take a second, read your signature and choke on it. You dig?

I do every time I post here and that is why I haven't used and labels or threats.

Council has made a mockery of Toronto City hall?

This is getting downright silly. Defending the totally inexusable!!!

2nd paragraph:

I believe that they actually duck to hide in the grass.

Can we stop this bickering and get back to Harper?

Edited by Christopher k

Lol " you dig" ....really...time to take your ball and go home!!!

Ford?

Read about cognitive dissonance Kicking Frog. Not a hard read.

You will see the finest examples displayed by hardcore Ford disciple.

Really ehg? Thats what you came up with? Did you find that all on your own? You didn't injure yourself in the process did you?

I do every time I post here and that is why I haven't used and labels or threats.

Council has made a mockery of Toronto City hall?

Oops!!! Break out the tissue and violins. Looks like someone's feeling have been hurt!!! And I'm the one told to grow up.

This is getting downright silly. Defending the totally inexusable!!!

Whats one of the new catch phrases...... It is what it is?

Lol " you dig" ....really...time to take your ball and go home!!!

Look at how everyone came to the defence of little ol K-frog to beat up on BIG bad Moxie. You're a lucky man Kfrog, or not.

I'll go but you can keep the ball. I wouldn't want any of the Drip i've experienced here to follow me elsewhere. Quite a few soft spots here. Besides, I stole it from someone else before I made my way here. Shame how soft it is here.

Really ehg? Thats what you came up with? Did you find that all on your own? You didn't injure yourself in the process did you?

Oops!!! Break out the tissue and violins. Looks like someone's feeling have been hurt!!! And I'm the one told to grow up.

Whats one of the new catch phrases...... It is what it is?

Look at how everyone came to the defence of little ol K-frog to beat up on BIG bad Moxie. You're a lucky man Kfrog, or not.

I'll go but you can keep the ball. I wouldn't want any of the Drip i've experienced here to follow me elsewhere. Quite a few soft spots here. Besides, I stole it from someone else before I made my way here. Shame how soft it is here.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ snort snort....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz