Ontario Outdoor card expiring this year?

fisher

I hope they mean 12:01AM Dec 3rd, so I can stop slacking like I did last time... Three years ago I paid for a card and 3yrs after I got done work the night it went live. I finally got it in the mail on the second last day of mail delivery that year.... Made me a little nervous since I had booked a 3 day ice fishing trip starting Jan. 1st.

I know all about using the printout until the real thing arrives but I had problems printing it. I tried to save the link so I could go buy a new printer the next day but the link wouldn't work. Besided they took my money no problem they should get me my card before I need it LOL.

I never had a problem as long as I went in person to bps / Le Barron or Canadian Tire . I would think that Sail or any other large retail store would be credible.

I have had problems online and with smaller independent retail stores.

Not every thing can or should be done online.

My 2 sense and experience over the years.

Don.

Good luck.

Never had a problem with the online ordering system. Always had my license within 2-3 weeks. Although why they wait until Dec 3rd to open up the online renewals is beyond me.. They are just asking for system issues when hundreds of thousands of people try to renew all at once.

Never had a problem with the online ordering system. Always had my license within 2-3 weeks. Although why they wait until Dec 3rd to open up the online renewals is beyond me.. They are just asking for system issues when hundreds of thousands of people try to renew all at once.

I'm fairly sure that I always did it in October in the past.

Following is taken directly from the website ....

Cards that expire on December 31, 2013 can be renewed online, by phone or in person starting December 3, 2013.

Yes, I went and looked, thanks for the info. I just thought I did it earlier in the past. I have it written down on my To Do List so I don't forget.

I paid my last fees for fishing to the Ontario Government last year.

I even get a discount in NY now!

Being old isn't so bad!

My oldman loves the fact that all he needs to have on him now is his drivers licence.

Edited by BillM

In August we found out at the lodge our Conservation card was expired however they printed out a temporary one as well as a license to fish. Sure as can be DNR checked me and the temp and license got me thru with flying colors. # weeks later My 3 year card arrived at my house in the USA.

Art