fire ban lifted, just in time for long weekend

That's good news for all the campers, I just hope they're all smart about it and make sure they're good and out before leaving the site. Me, I plan on staying home tomorrow and avoiding all the traffic...noticed a lot of people already headed up this way. Be safe and have fun all.

Maureen

That's great news!

I have passed along the news release to my brother in-law and buddy who are going camping in that area this weekend. They'll be happy to know they will be able to have a proper shore lunch. That is...if they catch anything :lol:

Tony

Yup, we are still in a no open flame area order, and much deserved. No new fires the last couple of days, but the little rain and cooler temperatures we got since tuesday has helped the fire suppression efforts to at least contain the perimeter of the fires up here, allowing hose lines to be intalled, but, still a long ways away from extinguishing them unfortunately.

Northwest of here near Aubrey Falls, the ministry set two experimental burns of one hectare each to study the way the fires spread during extreme fire hazard conditions. Huh? Last news I heard on it, they'd lost eighteen square kilometres. That was Wednesday but there seems to be a bit of a news blackout on it since. Now maybe these dimbulbs that came up with this bright idea ( they planned it for two years ) should lose their jobs? Naw, they should go to jail.

Should never have been lifted. Temagami Region is still a tinder box. Moss crunches like Rice Crispies under your feet. Ban was only lifted to appease tourism and to show if the MNR can burn... so can everyone else. When we left Temagami a large forest fire was still raging thru the area of Half Way Lake Provincial Park (that had to be evacuated) North of Sudbury and another thru the Kettle Lake PPark area by Timmins, that was also evacuated.

Hey Wayne, I was supposed to leave for Lower Onaping Lake tomorrow morning but walleyejigger gave me the heads up on the fire situation. I have not been able to get a hold of the resort all day and no one has called me back so I guess they have been evacuated. Luckily I was able to get a hold of a place I go to in the Port Loring area regularly and they said they have a couple little camping cabins available if we decide to detour tomorrow morning. Oh well!, but I hope everything turns out well for everybody that had to be evacuated up there.