With Blackberry in the shape there in???????????NF

davey buoy

There's a reason governments and military's use BB... now, once they start hiring teenage girls that may change :D

The biggest issue with BB is that it's is/was hugely integral in our Canadian Pension Plan. I can't imagine the losses we have ALL realized due to the collapse of its share price and eventual buy-out. You can bet the government spent a lot of money trying to prop it up too... Good thing Jim Balsilie didn't buy a hockey team several years ago!

There's a reason governments and military's use BB... now, once they start hiring teenage girls that may change :D

The biggest issue with BB is that it's is/was hugely integral in our Canadian Pension Plan. I can't imagine the losses we have ALL realized due to the collapse of its share price and eventual buy-out. You can bet the government spent a lot of money trying to prop it up too... Good thing Jim Balsilie didn't buy a hockey team several years ago!

Do you have any idea at what type of plans the bug 3 have for BB's for the government? Let's just say that I pay about 3 times the amount for my iPhone than they do for a single blackberry. The other issue is that it takes for ever to approve any other phones in the government networks and I don't believe the want to spend the time or money to approve an iPhone or android device. The only reason BB is still around is because of the government and other smaller businesses using it.

BlackBerry Bold and q10 is still by far the best productivity tool. I support about 500 handhelds in my company. Currently using a z10, was on an S3 as well iPhone. the few people here that went to iPhone all switched back after a few months and Android after no more than one month.

IPhone has the most apps, lots of games, navionics etc.. intuitive for kids, very closed design.. EG you can't even use it as a thumb drive if you need to transfer files to it quickly. The calendar is barely tolerable and typing is very poor.

Galaxy/android more powerful than the iPhone not as intuitive and still buggy even on the latest release if software. It is also prone to virus and lots of malware. Will need to be rebooted daily.

BlackBerry, even the new os is very intuitive I find the touch typing screen far easier to type in the z than the galaxy or iPhone I had. The q gives you the comfortable feedback that many like.

Not to mention blackberry is still a Canadian success story and most of the naysayers here have posted in the "Canadian made" thread wishing for more Canadian born business success.

No doubt that we will be switching to something within the next few years and most likely it will be the iPhone because the presidents kids have iphones. Some will like it and most will just stop using it for email as they can't type on it. Even most iPhone users tout how much they love and will freely admit that they rarely type emails longer than "yep"

Btw the z and q both support full flash in there browsers making the Web experience much better.

Having said all that would I put my personal money into a blackberry. I don't think so. Not until it's been decided where the sale is going. I would wait or if needed one right now go on a month to month with a Kijiji phone or look elsewhere.

nothing to do with gov approvals. Its the BB network. the other phones has unsecured networks that can't handle the military/governmetn needs. The canadian gov just (or will soon) approved I-Phones/samsungs for their employees, but they all use the BB network. Basically it would be walk and talk like an I-Phone but use the BB software so google or any other amateur hacker doesn't access and sell all their data to the highest bidder.

I know this because I have a family member who basically decides what the Feds use for computers/phones.