Fish tacos...

mike rousseau

They are super easy, with very few ingredients. We use cornmeal with some chili powder mixed as breading for the fish, but grilled fish works just as well. Shredded cabbage (seems strange, but is key) for the greens. The sauce we make with sour cream, lime juice, chili powder and cilantro. IMHO, they are best with real corn tortillas, if you can find them. I prefer a fresh salsa - not store bought or cooked - to preserve the overall "lightness" of the dish: chopped veggies and fruit mixed with some lime juice.

Hooked on these since a trip to Cozumel and make mine with walleye.

Simple - butter in pan and sear gently small portions of fillet in a hot skillet

no breading or coating for me

I like it with onions, cilantro and a bit of salsa,

for a kick I add sweet thai chili sauce or ranch dressing

They are super easy, with very few ingredients. We use cornmeal with some chili powder mixed as breading for the fish, but grilled fish works just as well. Shredded cabbage (seems strange, but is key) for the greens. The sauce we make with sour cream, lime juice, chili powder and cilantro. IMHO, they are best with real corn tortillas, if you can find them. I prefer a fresh salsa - not store bought or cooked - to preserve the overall "lightness" of the dish: chopped veggies and fruit mixed with some lime juice.

There is a farm at St Jakob's market that produces authentic pure corn, natural tortillas

I perfer wholewheat wraps... I use breaded hot or cold breaded perch , just a bit of shaved red onion, mixed greens I like a bitter mixture. Then for dressing usually I make a maple, dijon mayo combo.

When I make a tomato based salsa I use half yellow tomato (less acid), and red tomato concasse. red onion, cilantro, lime, jalapeno and a few black beans...

Lots of good ways to do it. Fresh salsa (pico de gallo).. incorporating corn and/or black beans is a nice addition... guacamole works on them... and freshly made slaw. Sliced red onion, jalapenos, cilantro, little vinegar and lime marinated together (kinda like pickled onions) is great on them. Grilled fish is nice but I like a super crunchy battered fish more. Don't forget the lime. Now I'm hungry....

Its just tacos with fish as someone else mentioned....so really what you put in it is up to you.

I like a load of weird #@#$ that most don't.....but try homemade bruschetta instead of salsa, shaved Parmigiano-Reggianno (expensive parmesan) instead of cheddar/tex/mex cheese, fresh italian parsley and cilantro leaves and a squeeze of real lime over everything.

Here's a picture of one i made last summer. Like i said the capers,olives and pepperoncini are not to everyones taste.

IMG_2405.jpg