Carping the Hammy Harbour

Uncle Buck

Carped the Harbour on Friday and Sunday...

Hooked into this litte guy on Friday... First fish i've taken with the high tech carp set up...(pod, buzzer, baitrunner and hair rig...)

DSCF0933Large.jpg

Sunday morning i hooked up with Fang and we gave it another run...

no luck - the cold front saturday didn't help at all

Nice job, Uncle Buck. Isn't it sweet when that bite alarm goes off, you engage the baitrunner reel, lift the rod up and feel that train on the end of your line!!!

Really nice when everything, right down to the hair rig, works exactly the way it should.

That's it.. I'm gonna give 'er a go tomorrow night after work!

Thanks for posting!

Great report! I dont have all the bells and whistles yet. My bite indicator is my index finger...resting on the line while I sit very still....LOL. I haven't caught fish in a week now....maybe I'll have to head out tonite...as long as it's not raining too hard...haha.

Thanks...great pic!

I also like to fish for trash fish as well! I've had more trashcan slams than I can count :thumbsup_anim: In some circles I'm known as the Trash King!!!

Just because a fish isn't considered a game fish doesn't mean that it isn't a Brute on the end of your line. In some states here the lowly Catfish is considered a gamefish with length and creel limits!

For those who know (or don't know) UB, That's a 30 lber he's holding

Great morning Goran, have to do it again real soon. Thanks again for the coffee and the heads up about scorpion tackle

Edited by Fang

Growing up in Storm Lake, Iowa, we used to throw them on the bank when we caught carp. The Carp Farm is what we called the lake for a few years. I've never actually tried catching them, but I will admit some of the best fights came from carp. Those hard, side-to-side pulls lasted a long time when your a kid using a zebco reel and a five foot rod from the local hardware store. Once and a while the lake would get really low and we'd find huge ones dead on the banks.