Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Not a fan of the dirty play today. I do not want kessel to get hurt or lupul to sit out.

I would like to see the best players play.

Refs need to call it all. Not pick and choose. They control who wins too often. Wrecking the game.

I couldnt agree more.. I have been saying this all year..It seems real bad this year doesnt it...

EH OH GO CANADA GO.....

In other news I see Bobby dang Ryan is taking the news well....Ha ha ha Burkie once a Leaf always a Leaf..He doesn't pick Ryan for the Olympic team cause he is a stinking Sen....But seriously he didnt pick him because he doesn't play with enough intensity ..So what does he do? He insults USA hockey brass by calling them gutless...LOL way to seal the deal Bobby..He has now most likely shot himself in the foot if any roster spots open up due to injuries in the next month..
Here's what hockey USA had to say

Team USA's selection committee wasn't sold on Ottawa winger Bobby Ryan.

Advice: One member of the committee was quoted saying, "I think he's sleepy. I think he skates sleepy." GM David Poile asked: "Are guys nervous about Bobby Ryan?" A flurry of hands went up and Poile said, "That's a lot of guys." It also sounds like the committee wasn't sure what role to give Ryan because they didn't see him as a top-six forward. However, it's still very surprising to us that a player of his talent level didn't make the cut.

Edited by tb4me

Interesting article about from a reporter who was given a lot of inside access to the US team selection. Where the sleepy quote comes from.

I don't know enough about the US team to know if Ryan should, or shouldn't, make the team but the question I have is: "Who's spot does he take?" And as they mention in the article if Ryan isn't a top 6 forward would he be good enough to play a bottom 6 role?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/id/10195703/how-us-hockey-team-bound-sochi-olympics-was-named

beautiful! I was skeptical of him getting anything for it because principal contact was the shoulder and his stick slipped up and went to the neck unfortunately but I'll have him in the lineup any day rather than being suspended :P

Ya wow.. im not complaining but id love to hear why they thought it wasn't suspend-able seeing as he s a repeat offender.. Dont get me wrong im laughing about this but yikes...Sure doesn't follow the president set by Shanny and the league

Yeah preferred treatment to the Leafs who have already been handed 6 suspensions this year.

You should start dealing in facts instead of your butt hurt feelings for once, lol.

Exactly, I've always said the laffs were a bunch of hacks, dirty players....remember tucker, domi, etc.

Name one they didn't deserve. Clearly Lupul acted out of anger, targeted the neck(primary point of impact), injured

the guy and gets a slap on the wrist even though he's a repeat offender. The league wants to stop this stuff yet they don't act on a primary example of exactly what they want to get out of the game.

No consistency, no wonder they can't make progress with the punishment.

Edited by muskymatt

Exactly, I've always said the laffs were a bunch of hacks, dirty players....remember tucker, domi, etc.

Talk about living in the past.LOL

As for being dirty players,and you want to bring up the past,look at the Flyers. OMG now that was a dirty team. HAHAHAHAHA

Point taken on the Flyers! Imagine a team like that in the league now? lol :w00t:

Ya I can.. They played the game. Can you see Sid the kid back then. OMG MOMMMMMYYYYYYY. HAHAHAHA

Ya,I miss the old games. Back when you played,and didnt dive,or hold yer yap,looking for an extra two.

The game has become so nanny like.

Edited by Misfish

My point is this

Game is played,penalty is called,but yet big brother/nanny, seem to add,AFTER the game.

LET THEM PLAY,LET CALLED STAND.

Why have refs? Let them play pond hockey style and then tell them they did wrong. Waste of money having 4 extra guys on the ice,if they are going to be over ruled.

Edited by Misfish

My point is this

Game is played,penalty is called,but yet big brother/nanny, seem to add,AFTER the game.

LET THEM PLAY,LET CALLED STAND.

I almost agree 100%, when the stars are getting hammered through illegal hits and missing games, the game suffers. Ticket sales suffer and the fans don't see their favorite players. It's a lose lose. That said, there has to be a happy medium. With respect to the after game suspensions, it's sort of kinda acting as a deterrent to the offenders, thee league just has to be consistent and enforce it equally. Then the players will get the message.

I almost agree 100%, when the stars are getting hammered through illegal hits and missing games, the game suffers. Ticket sales suffer and the fans don't see their favorite players. It's a lose lose. That said, there has to be a happy medium. With respect to the after game suspensions, it's sort of kinda acting as a deterrent to the offenders, thee league just has to be consistent and enforce it equally. Then the players will get the message.

So what you are saying is, the stars shouldnt be touched,,and if they are,,scorn the one that did?

The star player,is no different then the 2nd 3rd 4th line guy playing the game. It,s a game. All are equal IMO.

If the leafs lost Orr,Leaf fans would think it was a great lost to their tough guy line. Would other think this? No. Would who ever took him out think the same as if it were Sid? Ya,those that praise the star players would. Star players are limited. They are surrounded by other great players. Many un noticed. Thats the sad part. They make them stars.

Just yakking here.

Edited by Misfish

So what you are saying is, the stars shouldnt be touched,,and if they are,,scorn the one that did?

The star player,is no different then the 2nd 3rd 4th line guy playing the game. It,s a game. All are equal IMO.

If the leafs lost Orr,Leaf fans would think it was a great lost to their tough guy line. Would other think this? No. Would who ever took him out think the same as if it were Sid? Ya,those that praise the star players would. Star players are limited. They are surrounded by other great players. Many un noticed.

Just yakking here.

No, I think the stars should be treated just like everyone else. That means they are not treated as targets by goons and extra effort is made to knock them off their game or out of the game. Guys who can hardly play the game should not be chasing stars around solely targeting them with dirty, illegal hits. Any way you look at the hit on Crosby during the classic game it was a hit to the head, the guy can deny it all he wants but it looked like a deliberate attempt to injure.

Riddle me this.,,,,,

Was Scott Stevens a goon,or a star?

Lindros was a star.Steven took him out.

Stars in the eyes of many,goons to many as well.

Who,s the star,who,s the goon?

Stevens was a star goon not just a goon, and |Lindros skated with his head down all the time, except when he was gooning someone lol

Name one they didn't deserve. Clearly Lupul acted out of anger, targeted the neck(primary point of impact), injured

the guy and gets a slap on the wrist even though he's a repeat offender. The league wants to stop this stuff yet they don't act on a primary example of exactly what they want to get out of the game.

No consistency, no wonder they can't make progress with the punishment.

Weren't you the one that just said the Leafs get preferred treatment? You can't even keep your whining in line to understand it yourself. You're kidding yourself if you think Lupul turned around, saw his neck and thought 'Hey, I think I'll high stick him RIGHT IN THE THROAT!'. Did you even see the play? Lupul took a head shot, got back up, first Detroit player he saw he cross checked end of story.

We need a baby whining icon so I can use it anytime you reply in this thread, non stop water works from the Senoritas fan....