biscotasing walleye report

shimano19

during the first week of july my dad, brother and myself took a 10 hour drive north to a fishing lodge. we do one every season and this year we chose richies end of the trail lodge. it was a great experience. the host and guides mentioned to us that the walleye fishing wasn't going to be as spectacular as it always is because the may fly hatch came late this year...and boy it came big. some morning the surface of the water was covered in dead may flies. so we knew the walleye were already getting easy meals.

the first day of fishing was really tough...we didn't manage as many walleye as we had nearly hoped. so the next day we set out with different tactics. we slowed down all our presentations and fished all kinds off different structure. and it payed off. it turned out to be an awesome week of fishing once we found what the fish would respond to and where these buggers were hiding out. most of our fish came from slight humps or drops in 8-12 fow and we found some on deeper rock piles off of points or between islands.

up bright and early...can barley see through the fog

GOPR0222.jpg

some walleye

GOPR0252.jpg

bisco22.jpeg

GOPR0239.jpg

biscowal.jpeg

GOPR0249.jpg

GOPR0189.jpg

GOPR0260.jpg

whats a northern Ontario fishing trip without a shore lunch!

GOPR0204.jpg

GOPR0214.jpg

delicious fresh walleye!

fishfry.jpeg

went to a near by smallmouth lake and smashed them on tubes and poppers

biscosm2.jpeg

biscosm.jpeg

bisco3.jpeg

some scenery pictures

biscosun.jpeg

GOPR0229.jpg

I would definatly go back to fish this lake next time I have a chance. the walleye fishing was outstanding once you were able to locate them. I would love to go there when they are actually "on fire" and feeding more actively!

mike

Glad to see you had a great trip took the Budd car into bisco in September of 2007 and stayed at Ritchies end of trail lodge nice accomadations and the American plan was sure different you did not have to worry about running out of food fishing was tough on that trip got into the walleye but not as many as we had expected glad to hear the Sultan road was in decent shape will be heading up that way on Thursday morning for a Fly in out of Chapleau.<br /><br />Cheers...

Great report, thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to hit that lake for a long time, maybe next time.

I did notice on your plate, the Walleye wishbones. Nothing like fresh Walleye and baked beans, a little green tomato chow on the side.

Great trip by the looks of it !!!

You can't beat Bud, bug coils, beans and Walleye throats when you are in the North :worthy:

exactly :clapping: the fish fry makes a trip..and I just got into keeping the fins..there great!