Missing boater on Nipissing.

Muskieman

smaller lakes have a tendency to have tighter waves (closer together) ...this is what causes so many problems...there isnt a bilge pump in the world that will keep up to a boat being swamped by a wave....but if someone reads this and it gets imbedded into their mind...it just may serve its purpose

Very sad for the family

Very sad, deepest condolences. The man was from NB. I'm sure he was experienced. Which sometimes isn't enough.<br /><br />Over 30 years ago 5 men from the same family lost their lives on the south shore west of Calendar. All experienced boaters that played the wrong card. Sad, unfortunately it will happen again.<br /><br />I was safety checked recently by an OPP boat on Erie, they told me they found that same day 2 idiots in a canoe, no life jackets and 1 paddle drifting 5 miles from shore off of Nanticoke In the shipping lane!

Very sad and my heart goes out to the family :(

From what I understand, they were netting with new gear and the combination of weight (from fish and new nets) and weather was too much for their small boat. The man was wearing a lifejacket at the time but the waves were likely too powerful.

Very sad; they are good people from a good family too.