The 7 wonders of Canada

danc

CBC is hosting a contest to honor the 7 wonders of Canada. There are 50 nominees. All are worthy of being in the top 7 IMHO. We (Thunder Bay) have one entry. It's called the "Sleeping Giant". It's what we see as we look out over Lake Superior every day. You don't have to look too hard to see the figure of the giant. His head is to the left in case you haven't quite figured it out from the photos below. We, as a city, are pushing quite hard for votes to try to get on the top 7 list. I guess you can call it a civic pride thing. The photo on the CBC page isn't quite so flattering, so I've posted a couple of my own which may, or may not, inspire you to vote for the giant. You can vote for 7 nominees at once. So I ask you, please vote for the giant, if you find it worthy. If not, vote for which ever nominees that you like. Here's the CBC page where you can view the nominees.

7 wonders of Canada

And here's a couple of my own photos of the giant. We'd appreciate your vote if you find it worthy. Thanks.

sungiant.jpg

giantedit.jpg

You got my vote, as of now you are in the top 7. I think they should have submitted your sunrise/sunset photo of "the Sleeping Giant", truly stunning!

18 000 submissions, I bet almost everyone of them are a wonder in there own right, we are blessed to live in such a beautiful country. Good luck, there will be no losers in this one!

You got my vote, as of now you are in the top 7. I think they should have submitted your sunrise/sunset photo of "the Sleeping Giant", truly stunning!

18 000 submissions, I bet almost everyone of them are a wonder in there own right, we are blessed to live in such a beautiful country. Good luck, there will be no losers in this one!

Thanks Lostchild. That would be a sunrise, looking east.

Guest mistyriver1

Very cool Dan, I remember you posting the top one before.

I watched a little bit on the weekend of some of the entries, we have a very beautiful country.

I am sure that the judges would disqualify Pam for being not totally NATURAL but Id still vote for her.

Every time I'm in Thunder Bay I marvel at the sleeping giant. You got my vote

Rick

Three more sleeps to walleye opener

Well I was torn between the sleeping Giant and Drumheller. If you've never gone to Drumheller, it is the coolest thing to walk down in the amongst the hoodoos and quicksand.

But I did have your other picture of the Sleeping Giant as a screensaver for quite some time and enjoyed it every time I started up my computer.

But I figured out, you can vote more than once, so go for it Dan, keep voting again and again :clapping: I voted for both ;)

Joey

Geez people. We're in first place. Canada has some awesome places, as we all know. In fact I'd personally pick a few others over the Giant. But we'll take it.

Our entire city had rallied to get votes for us, much like I have done here. The message to vote for the Giant has been in the newspaper, on the radio and no doubt sent through thousands of e mails and message boards. Thanks to you that have voted for the Giant. If anything, it certainly can't hurt our depressed forestry based economy. If you have a moment, give the Giant one more vote. Thanks...

suncloud.jpg

I also have a pic somewhere of a sleeping giant...but taken way up in quebec somewhere!

Charlied I think you mean the monutain top that looks like a hat. They call it Chapeau de Taschereau.

And whoever said Pam on the giant, wouldn't that be the 8th wonder of Canada, "The First retractable Ski Slope"