Off to North Bay

bigugli

Taking the Mrs up to North Bay for a short breather, Sunday and Monday. Our anniversary plans are busted now that Judy will be starting chemo, but she is a little overwhelmed with everything she has had to take in over the past 2 weeks. We'll probably hit the boat tour and just look around town.

Any recommendations for dinner?

Anywheres along shore worth casting while the Mrs sleeps in?

Try the White Owl Bistro on Lakeshore Drive, the Raven Republic on First Ave for dinners and the Urban Cafe on Worthington for lunch (great lunch spot). For a greasy dinner, Burger World will suit.

Near the White Owl Bistro is Sunset point...there is a decent fishing spot there for the evening, or bass during the day. At the waterfront, I personally like to fish east of the Old Chief Commanda (now a restaurant) along the rocks. I do fairly well for walleye in the evening there. At the end of Premiere Road (Champlain park its called) is the Lavase River, which is decent for evening walleye.

If your looking for a driving tour or a nice walk, I suggest drive down Hwy 17 east and go the Eau Claire Gorge. That highway leads into Algonquin park and there is a nice river that runs along the road. It's a good place to easily explore, take photos etc.

If you decide to rent a boat, or a canoe, check out Pimisi Bay on the Mattawa RIver. Just upstream of there are the Talon Chutes...a great view and only a 5-10minute paddle!!

Good luck and hope you guys can have a relaxing and memorable time!!

Great breakfast at Burgerworld (Fisher and 11)

for dinner

pub grub = Moose's Loose Change

nice sit down = Farina's Italian I think it's inside best Western on Lakeshore

best truckers breakfast for miles is The Husky on 11 just at the top of the hill outside North Bay (~1 mile) on your way to temagami

Enjoy your trip