Thanks Art, it's running :)

Bernie

A couple weeks ago I posted in the "wanted" forum looking for an ignition coil for my old chainsaw. Art found a cross reference for the coil from another brand.
Found one on Ebay and ordered it. The inner laminate for the coil wouldn't fit the saw, so I pulled the laminate out of the old one and installed it into the new one.

Viola! Spark!

I resurrected this saw from a back corner of the shop about 8 years ago. The rewind was messed up so a co worker seen me working on it and said he had one,

It ran well for several years. Then the chain started to get tight/loose two years ago. The clutch gear was worn out. This happened at the end of the season.

Found one on Ebay and put it on a year later.

Went to use it and the old brute wouldn't start. ....No spark. Dang!

Found a supposed good used one at a local repair shop in another town, but it didn't work either.
So I just borrowed dads for last year. His is a fairly new modern one that cuts great and sounds like a bee when it runs, but I still preferred my old Farmsaw.

Runs at a lower RPM, but it has gobs of torque, just pull the throttle and cut.

My dad was always concerned that the old saw didn't run a chainbrake. I was chatting with an old friend that sold these things years ago. He said he thought he had one in his back room, brand new for a P40. He did and it fit nicely. I don't mind the color difference :)

P1040349_zpsf7de3ca1.jpg

P1040350_zps75c3c4f8.jpg

Never heard of "Farmsaw" ? Is that the manufacturer's name? I have a Husquvarna 353 - awesome saw!

It's a Pioneer saw, "Farmsaw" was the model that was very close to the same as the Pioneer P40.

Pioneer was once a very popular brand and owned by OMC at one time.