Finally got my boat in the water! Small lake, big Bass!

ccmtcanada

Since I do most of my fishing with Fishnsled, there hasn't been a need to get my boat out of the garage. That finally changed over this month. I stayed at a cottage on a tiny lake up in Muskoka over the past two weeks and managed to get out almost every morning I was there for a few hours to hunt down some bass. There is no public boat launch on this lake, so I made a donation to a summer camp that is also on the lake and I was in business! It wasn't really a launch....just a level entry into the lake on a beach that's hard packed sand. Good enough for me!!

IMG_0075_zpsaaa8eb82.jpg

When I say this is a small lake...it's truly tiny! When I open it up, I can get across the entire lake in about 30 seconds tops! It's about 400 meters across and maybe a kilometer long. It's quite deep....45 feet down the middle, but the bays come up to about 8 feet with lots of great weed beds. I knew there had to be some bass in this lake!

Most fish were around the 1 to 2 pound range, but I did manage to pull a few really nice ones out of the lake.

IMG_0042_zpse85d3f5b.jpg

IMG_0073_zps6b86cdf2.jpg

IMG_0007_zps61b29f8e.jpg

I fished alone most days, so I had to take self pics...so they are not that great.

On one of my last days there, I tossed a senko rigged texas style out into the middle of a weed bed. I didn't feel the hit, but my line suddenly took off shortly after it landed. I set the hook and this big one took me by surprise!

IMG_0096_zpsa8b7d38c.jpg

I will have to make it a point to take my little boat out more often...

IMG_0003_zps5e3cc539.jpg

Edited by ccmt

Attention!! Attention!! Cliff will be fishing more from his own boat!! .....I'll believe it when I see it. :lol: Nice to see you getting the dust off the rig Cliff and some nice fish as well. Looks like a gem of a lake. Look forward to hearing more about the vacation while fishing this weekend....from my boat. :D