Musky Size?

Mid last week I got a chance to take my brother in-law out for an evening of bass fishing, He showed up with a brand new Spinning rod spooled it up with brand new line, I grabbed an extra bait caster outa the garage, and off we went. We only fished a short time when he decided he wanted to use a bait caster with spinner bait, I gave him the extra that i brought. he isn't that experienced with the bait caster but I past him my Lew's and told him to try that. He operated it with out any troubles so i used my old revo.

A couple hours and a few dink bass and a bunch of smallie follow ups(that's another topic I need help with) My brother in-law says "oh" i look to front of boat and ask "fish?" "No I'm stuck" He's pulling up on the rod and I see it bob a few times "you sure its not a fish?" i ask....Well Yes it was, Next thing I know the whole boat is going for a ride!! I tell him to start reeling.

The fish has yet to be seen as it turns and goes under the boat, I reach back lifting my 20hp and the trolling motor outa the water. I here a splash, look behind me as the fish has the rod bent right under the boat and has launched clear on the opposite side, At this point my brother in-law has both hands on the rod and I'm telling him to reel!!

Long story short only the head was going to fit in my bass net! I got gloves and got the fish, got the hook outa his gums. My brother in-law wanted a pick so i lift it into the boat. he at least touched it but was too scared to try and hold it! I posed for the quick pick and got it back in the water. It swam off slow with its fin and tail outa the water, I thought i better make sure he was good so i put the trolling motor back in and drove over to it. before i could reach it it make a few quick kicks and swam down til it disappeared in the depths.

Our hearts were pounding the biggest musky I ever seen in person and his first ever, it was an adrenaline rush to say the least. In all the events I never thought to measure it. Any guesses on a size because that the first thing i get asked when i show the pic.

I'm including a pic I'm 6 foot 2 300lbs so it may not too impressive but it was awsome. I'm sure not too big for musky guys but a day we will never forget!

colemuskey.jpeg

Sorry for bad pic and If I'm not holding it correctly I'd love to tag along with a musky guy for a few lessons ;)