Any Mercury identification experts in the house?

Weeds

25 hp.jpgCan anybody tell me what year that motor would most likely be just from the decals and this picture? Thinking about buying this boat, not sure what year the motor is though..guessing 87 or 88 maybe?

Thanks for all the replies guys. Didn't see anything resembling a serial number when I looked at it, maybe I just need to take a more thorough look.

Nice boat, if you get it, put the larger 12" tires on the trailer, props almost on the ground, then tie a 50' piece of rope to the motor, there's your anchor.

Not a fan of these motors, or just figure it'll get bashed to hell on that trailer?

Edited by Weeds

The serial number should be on the motor bracket on the right side when looking from the rear.

ob-sn-2.jpg

Serial# Charts

clear.gifJust be aware that the serial no's differ between some countries.clear.gifUSA = 3,4,5,6 O A Bclear.gifCanada 7clear.gifEurope 9clear.gifAustralia 8

Small OB: http://www.marineparts.com/partspages/techhelp/tech14.htm

Large OB: http://www.marineparts.com/partspages/techhelp/TECH15.HTM

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Not a fan but to each their own. Anyway, you may also find the serial number embossed on the motor block somewhere under the cowl. Unless you tilt the motor up, looks like the skeg is pretty close to the road. On second look, I would rather have a high transom model, any substantial waves following you might just wash in on the back.