Bert's tracks

Rizzo

Have not put any rod holders on the new boat yet, but am starting to consider it. Was going to do rails, but really like the flexibility a track gives. There is only a little room towards the back where I could mount tracks. My question is, if I put a 17 inch track would I be able to put 2 rod holders on that (plan is to use a mounting bracket and then some down easters)? Is a 12 inch track big enough to put 2 mounts and then 2 rod holders? Based on the space I have I cant really go bigger than 17, but if a 12 would work I would consider doing that. I am a very low tech fisherman, so don't feel the need to go bigger in case I want to add other accessories. I have fished my whole life with no accessories. These rod holders will be a first (and likely last!).

Minimum 17" track. Keep in mind the S10 Salty brackets or the Bert's adapter plates needed for S17 Salty's will bring the rod inwards from the end of the tracks. A 12" track may only yield a 6" gap between rods. Too tight for my liking. 12" tracks use 4 bolts, 17" uses 6 bolts for mounting. I'd feel better with 6 bolts to distribute the stress on the gunwales over 4.

I'm looking at tracks too and was asking the same questions earlier this week. The Cannon ones are the same size as Bert's and less epxensive, I'm not sure on the quality but looks very similar. My buddy just put Bert's risers for S10's on his cannon tracks and works well. There is also Trojan tackle who will do custom stuff. And Traxstech but those need to be shipped.

ok definitely not room for 24, but 17 or 18 might work depending on how the risers fit into the track. If they slide in from the side I am gonna have trouble because there are obstructions at both ends. If they drop in from above I am fine. Can anyone describe to me how these things work? Thanks

The cannons are tube style. Great holders, but I don't think I'd trust them down like you said, and they might not even angle down far enough.

The salties are the way to go for what you intend to do.

S.

Mount a 24 flush to the corner cap. Mount your cleat on an adapter plate and slide it in first to the rear, then slide your Salty's in. Another option is to raise the track using 1/4" aluminium plate so accessories will slide in from the rear above the corner cap.

Rizzo check out the guys setups on the salmon board spoon pullers great info those guys live and breath all that kind of stuff also Great Lakes anglers they all have setup sections and you can see what people have done !!! It will help as it's better to measure 100 times and drill once !!! There is lots of options and ways to rig out the tracks and like Shane sad are you gonna run a tree or just rod holders ?? You mostly fish for muskies don't you ?? Lots of guys run the saltiest for salmon as well !!!! Show us a few pics of the area where you want to install the track ?? And maybe there will be a better option brought up from someone !! Cheers

I have a pair of Folbe rod holders that I really like, but I wanted a couple of the Berts holders too. So I bought a pair of 12" tracks and mounted them about 1/2 way back. I then realized that I should have gone bigger, so I moved the small ones to the back and put a pair of 17" on the middle. Much better. I now wish that I had bought a much longer piece (4' to 5') for both sides and mounted the Folbe holders to the track. Oh well. I use the Berts and really like them. Haven't used them for trolling for musky yet, but I think they will be rock solid. Just my experience.