Simcoe Opener

Well...I decided to postpone Saturday trip for Sunday and it was a good move.

Started 7am...almost no wind...short trip to my secret spot ;-) and whities seemed to be have been waiting for me over the last two months ;-)

Done the limit quickly and tried trolling for lakers...oh well...could not believe my ice but I was getting whities even while trolling for lakers scrapping the bottom.

Beauty day...tons of boats full of people out there fishing on the top of each other...decided to pass them all together...not big fun of such group exercises.

Got home by 2pm ...

Weapon of choice today....Meegs...but got some on Williams rapala and like I said even trolling with spoons.

Looks like a nice Simcoe boat season on the horizon.

Here is a picture from today:

13-05-07_1131.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Guest Johnny Bass

Looks like you did well! Too bad I couldn't make it out. I would have loved to catch my first white fish.

Oh well, there is always next year!

A nice pair of whities Icefisherman. Three of us were on the water by 9:30 and by 10:15 we caught 5 nice whities. Drift fished for trout for the next half hour; landed a 13.5 lb. trout which we releasd. Beauty day to be out on the water.

WTG Emile glad you had a good day. Did you have a partner from the looks of the pics you were solo .thanks for the pics and report.MTP :clapping:

Mike,

as surprising as it was for me...I could not find anyone willing to come and share the cost of the trip even though catching limit of whities was almost guaranteed. Could not understand it ...I remember few years ago I was happy to take ANY opportunity to go and fish in someone's boat and was often renting myself (paying close to $100 back then for a boat per day). And no one guaranteed me any fish ;-)

If we were to split a trip it wouldn’t cost more then half what boat rental cost. But hey...what do I know ;-)...just how to catch whities ha ha....amazingly most of the boats today were with 2+ fisher persons inside...some with 4-5?!? So it is more fun (and better on the budget) to go with someone but in the absence of volunteers I am going alone as staying home is not an option ;-)

And yes hard to take pictures with the cell phone alone ;-)

Ok I looked for you, where were ya ?

I left Barrie at 6:30 am shot right out there saw three boats. You were not one of them.

Nice catch dude. :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

misfish I launched at 7am and pass by the pack by about 7:15 on the way to my spot. We've missed each other by 45 min. Then I trolled all over the area between the pack and the islands but you maybe didn’t see me.

Looks like you did well! Too bad I couldn't make it out. I would have loved to catch my first white fish.

Oh well, there is always next year!

Yep Bud, you should have came...you would have got not just one whitie but your limit as well...within an hour at the most.

Let's see what happens but I might go during the week and then again next weekend.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

A nice pair of whities Icefisherman. Three of us were on the water by 9:30 and by 10:15 we caught 5 nice whities. Drift fished for trout for the next half hour; landed a 13.5 lb. trout which we releasd. Beauty day to be out on the water.

How do you drift fish for Lakers ?? just get to 80-100 ft and let her drift while jigging a williams ??

I woulda gave it a try over the weekend after catching whitie after whitie :)

I never seen a pack of boats anywhere.Boy that must be a real secret spot Terry. :whistling:

4 boats is all I seen. From The island to the other island. An Astro boat,older prinecscraft,legend,and lund.

Maybe next weekend. :thumbsup_anim: